Fire has razed a bakery at Mankessim after a gas explosion.
The inferno, according to the fire service, was as a result of a gas leakage in the room that serves as the bakery.
All the equipment used for the production of bread were burnt to ashes, rainbowradioonline.com gathered.
The time intervention of the fire men is said to have prevented the situation from worsening.
No casualties were recorded.
According to reports, the fire started around 4:30am when a worker wanted to light one of the cylinders to begin the day’s bread production.
She noticed the fire and raised an alarm which resulted in a distress call to the fire service who were stationed some 300 meters away from the incident site.