The Host of ‘Work and Happiness’ on Adom FM, Harey Adjoa Yeboa-Asuama better known as Ohemaa Woyeje has fired salvos at her employers the Multimedia group stating that she was ready to lose her job than lose her life.
It has been widely circulated on social media that the outspoken host has been sacked following her comments that a certain woman at Multi TV who frustrated the Kwadwo Asare-Bafour Acheampong popularly known as KABA before he died hence should not pretend to be concerned at the demise of the award winning host.
In a Facebook post the host wrote: ‘’ BETTER TO LOSE YOUR JOB THAN LOSE YOUR LIFE!!! ???? #inobore biy3d3 ????????????????.. shouts to @ohemaawoyejeventures
Dr. Henry Lartey, the 2016 presidential candidate for the Great Consolidated Popularly Party (GCPP), has lambasted those prophesying doom against the implementation of the free senior high school policy.
He says although the policy is bedeviled with challenges, that should not encourage people to pray for its collapse.
In an interview with Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm he said, he is one person who does not speak negative against policies of government but will provide suggestions or recommendations for its success.
On the proposal by government to set a up fund to seek for support from interested Ghanaians, Dr. Lartey urged citizens who are capable of supporting, to do so since it will be an act of patriotism and nationalism.
He posited that we can not continue to depend on foreign aid or donations to sponsor policies of our government.
We should be proud as Ghanaians to support an initiative like this, he stressed.
Dr. Henry Lartey said: ‘’anyone who says I want to try will achieve something. I don’t believe in the negatives of the you can’t do anything. People laughed at the guy you said he wanted to do an airplane but at the long run, he did it. You will fail at certain places, you will make mistakes but you will get there alright…Why shouldn’t we help ourselves?
‘’Do we want donors to continue giving us money? If they [government] are calling on Ghanaians who have the resource to support, why shouldn’t they?
‘’I am sure there are a lot Ghanaians who want to do it. We want to make sure that Ghana moves forward. Education is very important and if you find a way to persuade Ghanaians to resource, to help; I think it is in the right direction.’’
‘’If there are challenges we should solve it. There is nothing free in this world. You have to have challenges and deal with the challenges,’’ he concluded.
Confusion rocked Parliament today [Friday] after a legislator pulled out a gas cylinder in the house as exhibit to buttress his point in the ongoing debate on the 2018 budget presentation.
The MP for Tarkwa-Nsuaem George Mireku Duker was in Parliament with the gas cylinder to prove a point.
However, his style was not accepted by colleague MPs.
Deputy Minority Leader, James Klutse Averdzi described the cylinder as an offensive weapon.
He then requested for the object to be removed from the House because it put the lives of members in danger.
Majority Leader Osei Kyei Mensah-Bonsu in his submission said, the cylinder was without gas but the Speaker ruled for the cylinder to be sent out.
The Assistant Headmaster of Insaaniyya Senior High School(SHS), Mr. Francis Quarshie Plassi has made a strong case for private school owners with regards to the implementation of the free senior school.
Speaking in an interview with Nyankonton Mu Nsem on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, he said every Ghanaian child entering secondary school, must benefit from free SHS whether in a public or private secondary school.
According to him, so far as these students in private schools are also Ghanaians and their parents pay tax, the government should find a way in ensuring that they also benefit from the policy.’’
‘’I believe that government must allow every child in secondary school to benefit from the free SHS because they are children of Ghanaian parents,’’ he stressed.
Teaching at the private level is far above that of public schools due to strict supervision students perform better, he opined.
He said although we have quality teachers at the public level, they do not dedicate their best due to poor supervision.
Head of Education, Research and Training at the Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) of the Ghana Police Service DSP Alexander Obeng, has cautioned Ghanaians especially drivers to be extra careful as we approach the Christmas holidays.
He was speaking in an interview Rainbow Radio’s reporter Daniel Asuku, after the launch of a program together with the National Road Safety Commission which is aimed at reducing road accidents as we approach the yuletide.
The DVLA and the MTTD he hinted have formed a task force to ensure discipline on our roads during the festive season.
The MTTD he added will be stationed mostly at locations where road accidents are usually recorded with the needed logistics including speed cameras to maintain discipline.
The public can text to 18555 or 191 and complain about drivers who fail to listen to passengers on any act of indiscipline on the part of drivers.
The public can also call 0302773906 to report drivers who violate road traffic regulations so they are dealt with in accordance with the law.
He emphasized the need for drivers to observe road traffic regulations during and after the Christmas and the New Year festivities in order to save lives and property.
DSP Obeng said although the rate of accidents have increased, the number of deaths drastically reduced from 1,760 last year to 1,683 representing a percentage of 4.38.
Those who were injured also shot up by 11.72 percent representing a total of 8,890 last year to 10,055 this year.
Newly sworn in President of Zimbabwe Emmerson Mnangagwa has promised reformed policies and system of prudent economic management.
According to him, prudent economic management will help create jobs for Zimbabweans and reduced poverty and the citizens must experience real change through real solutions.
He emphasized that the act of corruption must be stopped as acts of indiscipline that characterized the past will not be tolerated.
He said any act of corruption would be punished and his administration will employ and serve swift justice.
‘’We have an economy to recover and a people to serve,’’ he said.
He pledged Zimbabweans new administration to show full commitment in supporting the African Union (AU).
And he said he was "not oblivious to the many Zimbabweans from across the political and racial divide who have helped make this day."
The former Vice President of former President Robert Mugabe who resigned few days ago said:"The task at hand is that of rebuilding our country.
"I am required to serve our country as the president of all citizens regardless of colour, creed, religion, tribe, totem or political affiliation."
Robert Mugabe has been granted immunity from prosecution after his resignation as President of Zimbabwe.
In his resignation letter, Mr Mugabe stated: “My decision to resign is voluntary on my part and arises from my concern for the welfare of the people of Zimbabwe and my desire for a smooth, non-violent transfer of power.”
Suspected militants have launched a bomb and gun attack on a mosque in Egypt's North Sinai province, killing at least 184 people, state media say.
Witnesses say the al-Rawda mosque in the town of Bir al-Abed, near al-Arish, was targeted during Friday prayers.
Local police said men in four off-road vehicles opened fire on worshippers, AP reported.
Egypt has been fighting an Islamist insurgency in the region, which has intensified since 2013.
There have been regular attacks blamed on militants on the Sinai peninsula, but this is the deadliest assault of its kind.
Pictures from the scene show rows of bloodied victims inside the mosque. At least 125 peopOne report said the target appeared to be supporters of the security forces who were praying at the mosque.
Locals are also quoted as saying that followers of Sufism, or Islamic mysticism, regularly gathered at the mosque.
Islamist jihadist groups, including so-called Islamic State (IS), see Sufis as heretics.
President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi is to meet security officials to discuss the incident, Egypt's private Extra News TV reported.le were also wounded, reports say.
It is not yet known who was behind Friday's attack.
Jihadist militants have been waging an insurgency in recent years, stepping up attacks after Egypt's military overthrew Islamist President Mohammed Morsi in July 2013.
Hundreds of police, soldiers and civilians have been killed since then, mostly in attacks carried out by Sinai Province group, which is affiliated to IS.
In September, at least 18 policemen were killed in an attack on a convoy near al-Arish by militants affiliated with the group.
The jihadists have also killed dozens of people in attacks targeting Egypt's Coptic Christian minority elsewhere in the country, and claimed they planted the bomb that brought down a Russian plane carrying tourists in Sinai in 2015, killing 224 people on board.
The Deputy Chief Executive Officer (CEO), of the Ghana Export Promotion Authority, Mr. Eric Amoaku Twum, has underscored the need for stakeholders in the industry, to understand operations in the sector.
He said at a workshop organized for industry players to help them understand issues properly.
He said the Ghana Export School will on quarterly basis, organize such workshops because export is very complex and as an exporter, you have to understand the legal framework of the country you are exporting to, the price, the packaging among others.
You cannot just get up one day and say you want to export because you will waste your money, he said.
He made reference to the ban placed on Ghana in the export of vegetables due to negligence on the part of some people.
He says it was important people understand the laid down procedures and abide by them.
On his part, President of the Ghana Assorted Foodstuffs Association, Mr. Prince Edward Adu was grateful to the school for organizing the workshop.
He stressed the need for individuals who are interested in export to learn and understand the process well.
Some persons he added lost their revenue due lack of understanding on export.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC), has released the provisional results of 117,306 candidates who sat for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for 2017 private candidates.
The results of 1,873 candidates, alleged to have been involved in various examination malpractices, have been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into the cases.
This was in a statement signed by Reverend Victor Brew, the acting Director, on behalf of the Head of the National Office of WAEC, and copied to the Ghana News Agency on Thursday.
It said the withheld results would be released as soon as the Council concludes its investigations.
The statement said candidates may access their results online at www.waecgh.org.
It alerted members of the public to be wary of the activities of fraudsters who would contact candidates with the promise of bettering their results for a fee payable through mobile money transfers.
The statement assured the public that the Council’s results database was well secured, and as such, all forged results could be detected by the confirmation or verification system.
“Institutions and organisations are advised to confirm or verify results presented to them directly from the Council or access the confirmation or verification service online at the WAEC website.
Some traditional leaders in areas such as Wassa Akropong, Prestea, Tarkwa and other surrounding areas have threatened to invoke curses on the Operation Vanguards.
They have accused the vanguards of extorting money from Chinese nationals who illegally mining in these areas.
According to the traditional leaders, the Operation Vanguards terrorize Ghanaians for engaging in galamsey.
The leaders have set aside today [Friday] to pour libation and slaughter some animals and call on the gods to strike those vanguards engaging in such acts.
Government some few months ago launched the Operation Vanguard to end illegal mining has been given further impetus with the deployment of the first batch of security men to three regions considered to be the most affected areas.
Dubbed “Operation Vanguard”, the 400 security men made up of personnel of the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) and the Police Service have been divided into three groups to cover the Ashanti, Eastern and Western regions.
The teams have been tasked to stay at their assigned regions until all forms of illegal mining, popularly known as galamsey, have been stopped and unauthorised mining pits permanently destroyed.