Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me
Rainbow Radio - Items filtered by date: Friday, 02 February 2018
%PM, %02 %822 %2018 %18:%Feb

REJOINDER: Apology to Rev. Bempah

Rainbowradionline.com would like to use this publication to apologize to Rev. Owusu Bempah, the General Overseer of the of the Glorious Word Ministry, over the ‘Rev. Owusu Bempah 'arrested' for threatening to 'kill' a man of God’, story published on our website yesterday [Thursday]. We wish to also draw the attention of readers that, the man of God, was invited by the police administration, to direct them on a prophecy he gave during his 31st December Watch Night Service, last year. Any damage caused him, his church and followers, is deeply regretted.
Published in General News
Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia on Friday joined other Muslims at the Abossey Okai Central Mosque in Accra to thank Allah to partake in the Jummah prayer. Dr. Bawumia who was accompanied by his wife, Samira Bawumia used the opportunity to thank Allah for restoring his health. He expressed gratitude to President Nana Akufo-Addo, the Chief of Staff, his wife and Ghanaians for the support he received. He said, “I’m so grateful to all Ghanaians, all walks of life, religion, churches and mosques, for the prayers that they have done on my behalf when I took a medical leave. I’m so thankful and grateful for their prayers and I’m happy that I have come back Insha Allah in good health, ready to continue work.” “When you go around, you take your health for granted, but it is when you don’t feel well that you appreciate what God has actually given you. And when God gives you good health you really have to appreciate it and look after your health. And I’m most grateful for that. Good health is better than riches and we have to thank God for the good health,” he added. Dr. Bawumia had earlier posted on his Facebook wall expressing gratitude to Ghanaians for their support. The post read: ‘’ Fellow Ghanaians,I appreciate the fellow feeling, love and best wishes expressed during my recent medical leave. I am most grateful to the Almighty God for his mercies. In particular, I thank President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, the first lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo, Chief of Staff, the Government, my lovely wife Samira Bawumia, my family, and you, the Ghanaian people, for the support. My sincere gratitude also goes to the mosques, churches and individuals who in diverse ways interceded on my behalf, as well as the medical staff who discharged their duties in a most professional manner. I have resumed work today, Friday, 2nd February 2018, to continue with President Akufo-Addo’s dream of helping build a prosperous Ghana. God bless our homeland Ghana.’’
Published in General News
The two minority members in the cash for seat probe have accused the organizer for the Expatriate Business Awards, Ashim Morton of forgery. The members, James Klutse Avedzi and Dr. Dominic Ayine in their report said Mr. Morton forged documents to cover up the fact that expatriate businessmen and women paid monies to sit closer to the president during the Awards ceremony organized on December 8, 2017. The report also alleged that the organizers of the event, Millennium Excellence Foundation (MEF) engaged in “deceitful practices” in the process of organizing the awards. According to the report, the organisers “selected companies for awards even when the companies had not submitted information meeting the designed criteria and also forged documents meant to deceive the Committee and Parliament as a whole.” It further accused the Ministry of Trade and Industry of contravening existing laws on public financial management, engaged in major ethical violations “by allowing its credibility as a public agency to be used to amass profit for a private non-profit organization which it cannot hold to public standards of accountability as well as by using the name of the President of the Republic as a means to make such profit.” “The Ministry of Trade and Industry failed or neglected to take account of possible violations of foreign corrupt practice laws and regulations in the conception, design and organization of the expatriate business awards,” the report from the Minority said. The Speaker of Parliament, Prof. Aaron Michael Oquaye set up the committee few weeks ago to probe the alleged sale of presidential seats to expatriates by the Trades Ministry. The Investigative Committee was chaired by Sunyani East MP, Kwasi Ameyaw-Kyeremeh with representation from both divides of the House. The members were New Juabeng South MP – Dr Mark Assibey Yeboah, Adetan MP - Yaw Buabeng Asamoah, Ketu North MP and Deputy Minority leader – James Klutse Avedzi and Bolga East MP – Dr Dominic Ayine. The committee was asked to investigate whether any levy had been imposed on the expatriates and the collection of same. It was also asked to investigate how payments were disbursed and whether the disbursements offended any laws. The committee was to investigate when the matter arose, whether it could be perceived to be something new that has arisen, whether the matter could have been raised during the regular sitting and also whether the matter had been raised during the last session. The Minority’s conclusion and summary read: ‘’ In light of the evidence adduced before the Committee, we are convinced that: 1. In the overall circumstances surrounding the organization of the Ghana Expatriate Business Awards, whilst the proponent of the motion could not justify his use of the word “levy” from a legal-technical point of view, it cannot be denied that, from the evidence on record, the Ministry of Trade and Industry played a pre-eminent role in the determination of the amounts ‘solicited’ by the MEF. In short, the manner in which the sponsorship package was designed and executed conforms to Honourable Muhammed-Muntaka Mubarak’s conception of a levy as “money that you have to pay.” The pre-determined sums of money were paid with the backing of the Ministry of Trade and Industry, the agency with oversight responsibility for the business sector of the economy; 2. Notwithstanding denials to the contrary, there is evidence on record to the effect that, in its initial conception, the event had the President of the Republic as the center of attraction and that payment for seats bore a direct relationship to the distance of the payor’s seat from the presidential high table. Furthermore, the evidence shows clearly that Mr. Ashim Morton forged documents in a desperate attempt to cover up this blatant fact; 3. The Ministry of Trade and Industry contravened existing law on public financial management, particularly the Financial Administration Regulations, by allowing the use of an existing account for the receipt of monies that it claimed were private funds; 4. The Ministry of Trade and Industry engaged in serious ethical violations by allowing its credibility as a public agency to be used to amass profit for a private non-profit organization which it cannot hold to public standards of accountability as well as by using the name of the President of the Republic as a means to make such profit; 5. The MEF engaged in deceitful practices in the process of the organization of the awards event by selecting companies for awards even when the companies had not submitted information meeting the designed criteria and also forged documents meant to deceive the Committee and Parliament as a whole; and 6. The Ministry of Trade and Industry failed or neglected to take account of possible violations of foreign corrupt practice laws and regulations in the conception, design and organization of the expatriate business awards.’’
Published in General News
The La Traditional Council has issued a disclaimer cautioning the public and the media to discredit one Nii Kwade Okropong as the Abose Adonten Mantse. The statement which was signed by Nii Kpobi Tettey-Tsuru III, President of the La Traditional Council who doubles as the La Mantse said, ‘’it has come to the attention of the La Traditional Council that one Nii Kwade Okropong I in describing himself in the media as Abose Adonten Mantse of the La Traditional Council.’’ The statement added, ‘’the La Traditional Council wishes to inform the general public that there is no member of the Council with the name Nii Kwade Okropong I or someone with the title Abose Adonten Mantse.’’ It further admonished not to deal with him or recognize him as a traditional ruler, stating ‘’the Council is therefore cautioning the general public that anyone who deals with the above-mentioned person in the name of the La Traditional Council dies so at his or her own risk.’’
Published in General News
The 2018 enlistment exercise to recruit more hands into the Ghana Police Service, has entered its fifth day with trade professionals taking their turn to undergo screening process that took off on Monday. The weeklong exercise is said to be a smooth one as compared to some previous ones. Some of the recruits who went through the process since day one, told Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm that, they were satisfied with proceedings despite the few complaints lodged by some others. Service personnel have so far observed forms of unacceptable requirements based on which one is disqualified or asked to rectify to have themselves cleared to continue with the exercise. Those disqualified either presented fake documents or did not meet the age requirement. Although a clear direction was announced prior to this week's exercise, some kept reporting at the various centers, with unacceptable requirements. A handful of applicants alleged to have presented fake or forged document were made to assist the police in investigations. But the police say it is not interested in intimidating any Ghanaian especially those who wish to offer themselves to serve the nation with the unit. At the National Police Training School at Tesano in Accra, a commanding officer and director of the ongoing recruitment exercise, ACP Deborah Addison Campbell, expressed worry about public information that applicants were being treated unfairly. ‘’The service is therefore calling on society to try adhering to simple instructions to do things as expected for the benefit of mother Ghana,’’ she said. She equally expressed her joy over how the recruits have comported themselves over the weeklong exercise. This she said was realized following improved arrangement by the police service to enable it attend to as many people applied. By: Daniel Asuku
Published in General News
A former NDC MP for the La Dadekotopon constituency, Nii Amasah Namoale, is suggesting that, the decision by government to make the health status of Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia public, was orchestrated by the ruling party to cast the second gentleman in a bad light. Mr. Namoale said he suspected that the ruling NPP, wanted to give Dr. Bawumia a technical knockout so he will not be able to contest as presidential candidate when the opportunity arises. He described it as a diabolical agenda perpetrated against Dr. Bawumia by his own people, to prevent him from contesting the presidential race when President Akufo-Addo, exhausts his chances. He questioned why the party made the health status of the Vice President, public when they’ve never done same when the president took ill. He said, the releases were intentional and the idea was to generate discussions in the public so Bawumia would be seen as unfit and incapable of contesting the presidential race. Dr. Bawumia returned home from the UK after taking a two-week medical leave following an advice by his doctors. Dr. Bawumia, who’s the Head of the government’s Economic Management Team, left Ghana for the United Kingdom on Friday January 20; after the Presidency revealed that he had been taken ill earlier that day, and had undergone medical tests. According to a statement signed by the Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare, the trip became necessary following the advice of Dr. Bawumia’s doctors.
Published in General News
%PM, %02 %559 %2018 %12:%Feb

Three suspected robbers gun down at Weija

Three suspected armed robbers have died following a shoot-out with the police at Weija in Accra. The suspects, who have been under police surveillance for the past three months, were said to have been involved in most of the robberies and car snatching operations within and around Gbawe, Bortianor, Weija, Kokrobite and Kasoa. They were identified as Kwame Salsa, Jah Rule and Joe. Regional Commander for the Accra Police Command, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP) Mr George Alex Mensah, at a press briefing said the three suspects had succeeded in snatching a number of vehicles and the police were on their heels. He said the three recently attacked a man, whose identity is being protected by the police, and hijacked his Range Rover. According to him, the three were not able to bolt with the vehicle but abandoned it after ransacking it. The suspects allegedly undertook another car snatching operation last Thursday dawn. DCOP Mensah said at about 1 a.m. last Thursday, the suspected robbers attempted to snatch a vehicle but the occupants of the vehicle were policemen who were undertaking an undercover patrol operation. They exchanged gunshots with the police and in the course of the shoot-out, the police gunned down the three suspects.
Published in Crime
Former NDC Member of Parliament for the La Dadekotopon Constituency, Nii Amasah Namoale, has lambasted the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) over what he described as their abysmal performance in the management of sanitation in his area. He told Kwame Tutu on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm that, La Dadekotopon is filthy because authorities have failed to act. The former MP opined, La Dakotopon is filthy, La Dadekotopon is smelling, La Dadekotopon is dirty. I have advised them [new government] but they’ve paid no heed to my call.’’ He also lamented over the failure of the MP, DCE and other authorities to respond to the call from residents over the sanitary condition in the constituency. According to him, the former MCE, Madam Odoley Sowah did her best in managing waste in the area. However, the situation is different today.
Published in General News
Former NDC Member of Parliament for the La Dadekotopon Constituency, Nii Amasah Namoale, has revealed on Frontline on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm that, his constituents are rooting for him to return as their representative in Parliament. He disputed suggestions of him being retired by the constituents in 2016, stating, ‘’the constituents did not retire me. Rather they asked me to take a break to allow another candidate represent them. However, they are disappointed in the current MP and are requesting that I return.’’ Speaking to Kwame Tutu on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, the legislator, told the host that, the constituents have officially called on him to contest in 2020 but he has refused and asked them to support a viable candidate. He endorsed one Madam Rita Odoley Sowah, a former MCE who he described as formidable, hardworking and dedicated and will win the seat in 2020 for the NDC. ‘’This woman worked so hard and maintained discipline in the area but the situation has changed with indiscipline and filth taking over the area. We need to clean the filth in the area. We did not vote for the NPP to come and live like royals, we voted for them to come and work,’’ he added. ‘’La Dadekotopon is filthy, La Dadekotopon is dirty, La Dadekotopon is smelling,’’ he fumed. Nii Amasah Namoale lost his seat after polling some 38,504 votes. He was beaten by former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Accra Hearts of Oak Sporting Club and King Faisal Football Club, Mr. Vincent Sowah Odotei who had 40,126 votes. Nii Amasa Namoale served three terms in Parliament and the seat was occupied by Mr Ako Nai of the NPP between 2001 and 2005.
Published in General News
Majority Leader of Ghana’s Parliament, Mr. Osei Kyei Mensah-Bonsu, has stressed that, the legislative body, has not hired members of the invincible forces as private security, to man the premises. The legislator who is also in charge of Parliamentary Affairs, chastised the Minority for fabricating the story and making political gains out of it. The Minority in Parliament has alleged that, some members of the Invincible Forces have been hired as security officers to spy on them. But speaking to Kwame Tutu on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, the Majority Leader disputed the claims by the Minority’s side. He explained, the security of Parliament is in the hands of the Marshall Department, which is often given the opportunity to recruit people from the general public. The Department recently recruited at least 28 men out of 500 people who applied, but the Minority said some of the recruits are members of Delta Force. The Majority Leader further explained that, the Parliamentary Service Board gave clearance to the Marshall Department to recruit new men to shore up its numbers after years of complaints. He chided the Minority for the consistent peddling of falsehood and advised them to desist from doing so. He said, the security officers are not in to intimidate, spy or scare anyone. The recruitment exercise was also not done in secrecy. He revealed to the host that, the Minority Leader Haruna Iddrisu was part of the recruitment exercise and so it ''is extremely worrying'' for them to say the exercise was shrouded in secrecy. He described Minority MP for Bawku Central, Mahama Ayariga , who championed the Minority’s call as ignorant over his claims.
Published in General News
Page 1 of 2
  1. Popular
  2. Trending
  3. Comments

Calender

« February 2018 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28