Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me
Rainbow Radio - Items filtered by date: Tuesday, 13 March 2018
The Managing Director of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation Company Limited (BOST), Mr Alfred Obeng Boateng, has sued the Executive Secretary of the Chamber of Petroleum Consumers, Ghana (COPEC – Ghana), Mr Duncan Amoah, over the death threat allegations made against the BOST MD. Mr Amoah had alleged that his life was in danger after he uncovered and made public, an alleged "shady deal" at BOST which has caused financial loss to the state. Mr Obeng Boateng is praying the court for an order of injunction restraining Mr Amoah and his agents, from further publishing or broadcasting any word or words or images in any manner whatsoever to the effect he [Obeng Boateng] had coopted, engaged, contracted or solicited the services of any person or persons to curse, insult, attack, threaten the life of Amoah or threaten to kill him in three days pending a final determination to the suit. According to Mr Amoah, Ghana lost in excess of GHcS30 million in revenue from a transaction BOST had with an unlicensed company. The losses, COPEC insists, were recorded at every stage of the value chain from the sale of some 1.8 million barrels of crude oil, to fees for holding the rest of the crude. Source:GraphicOnline
Published in General News
Highlife musician and Zylofon Music first signed artiste, Kumi Guitar, has said he is currently trending like wild fire on both the traditional and social media over the Stonebwoy diss song. Kumi took aim at Stonebwoy for releasing a song against their record label Zylophone media. He accused Stonebwoy of being ungrateful after all the label had done for him. But the diss song backfired and the artiste has been lambasted for dissing Stonebwoy. One user with the handle @chiefMykheals wrote: "From "I have a dream" to diss songs via "ma me ny3 betweener' Kumi Guitar is also dissing Stonebwoy because he is afraid Bulldog will come for his guitar and turned him into Kumi Fromtomfrom". Another also tweeted, @MirekuSeth16: Someone: "In case the Zylofon Boss terminates Kumi Guitar's contract and takes their guitar, his stage name will change to Kumi Prɛko". However speaking to Danny Fii Abrantie, on the Away Bus Show on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, Kumi Guitar said he is trending and feels so excited about it. He expressed gratitude to all those who have published a story out of the ongoing fracas. Composing a song in the studios to express his joy, Kumi Guitar said, he had no idea he would be so popularly after releasing the diss song. He also disputed claims that he hated Stonebwoy as speculated by some entertainment critics. In his view, although he has been lambasted, he feels the situation has served as a positive omen for him. The artiste who is currently promoting his ‘Betweener’ track, told the host that ‘’I am trending and now I have been nicknamed trend. I released Dream and other hit tracks but I did not get the buzz. However, after expressing my opinion on a matter, I have been lambasted and trending. I now feel like a musician,’’ he concluded.
Published in Entertainment
Zylofon Music signed artiste, Kumi Guitar, has justified why he released a song targeted at Stonebwoy. He had earlier described Stonebwoy as an ungrateful artiste. But appearing on the Away Bus Shoow on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, with host Danny Fii Abrantie, Kumi Guitar justified why he released the song. According to him, that was the only way he could speak to Stonebwoy to be reasonable and resolve any challenge he had with the record label. When asked whether he hates Stonebwoy, the ‘Dream’ hitmaker said, ‘’it is untrue that I hate Stonebwoy. What I really said was to call on him to be reasonable and allow others to also shine through Zylofon like he has shinned. I do not want to comment on the issue but I was only calling on him to resolve the issue internally.’’ Stonebwoy he indicated may have genuine reasons for behaving in the manner he did but it was needless for him to wash our ‘’dirty stuffs outside’’. According to him, the posture of Stonebwoy is a threat to the progress of Zylofon Media and the industry as a whole. ‘’I wanted to send a message to people,’’ he noted. Kumi Guitar stressed, ‘’I was talking to Stonebwoy in the song but I did not insult him. That was the reason for recording that song.’’
Published in Entertainment
US President Donald Trump has fired Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, naming CIA Director Mike Pompeo as his replacement. Thanking Mr Tillerson for his service, Mr Trump tweeted that his new top diplomat would do "a fantastic job". Mr Tillerson, a former chief executive of ExxonMobil, was only appointed to the job just over a year ago. The president also nominated Gina Haspel to become the first female director of the CIA. What did Trump say? Speaking to reporters outside the White House on Tuesday, Mr Trump said his differences with Mr Tillerson came down to personal "chemistry". "We got along actually quite well, but we disagreed on things," said the president. "When you look at the Iran deal, I think it's terrible. I guess he thought it was OK. "I wanted to either break it or do something and he felt a little bit differently, so we were not really thinking the same. "With Mike, Mike Pompeo, we have a very similar thought process. I think it's going to go very well. "Rex is a very good man, I like Rex a lot." Mr Tillerson is the latest in a long list of senior officials who have either resigned or been fired since Mr Trump took off What did Tillerson say? The Department of State said Mr Tillerson had not spoken to the president and was "unaware of the reason" for his firing. Under Secretary Steve Goldstein said: "The Secretary had every intention of staying because of the critical progress made in national security." Mr Tillerson was on an official tour of Africa last week when he was apparently caught unawares by Mr Trump's agreement to meet North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. The top US diplomat's team said he was feeling unwell on Saturday and later in the weekend the state department said he would cut short his tour by a day. "I felt like, look, I just need to get back," Mr Tillerson told reporters on his plane home, reports the Washington Post. The 65-year-old arrived back in Washington before dawn on Tuesday to learn he was out of a job a few hours later. According to a senior White House official, Mr Trump asked for Mr Tillerson's resignation on Friday, but wanted to wait until he came home to make it public. Source: BBC
Published in General News
The Economic Fighters League has backed the demonstration by the aggrieved mine workers at Tarkwa following the decision by Goldfields to lay off some 1,700 workers. Some aggrieved workers on Monday held a demonstration in protest against management’s decision to opt for contract mining, which is expected to result in huge retrenchments. This was after an Accra High Court dismissed an injunction application filed by the Ghana Mine Workers Union to stop Goldfields from switching to contract mining. The union argued that about 1,500 workers would lose their jobs if the company is allowed to switch from owner mining to contract mining, but the High Court dismissed the application. Reacting to the issue, the Economic Fighters League called on government and its regulatory institutions must put a stop to its anti-worker attitude and call Gold Fields to order in the face of their glaring infractions of the law, and the sanctity of agreements particularly as relates the recent development.’’ The statement also described as unfair the process being used by the mining giant and satted that it was in clear violation of the National Labour laws and the international core labour standards and also in breach of the current collective agreement. The statement which was signed by Ernesto Yeboah further demanded that the ‘’ immediate and unconditional release and at the same time condemn Government in the strongest terms for failing to protect its citizens and aiding foreign multinationals in the violation of the rights of the workers.’’ Read Below the Full Statement We support any strike actions and mass manifestations directed at ensuring that the rights of Mine Workers are protected. Government and its regulatory institutions must put a stop to its anti-worker attitude and call Gold Fields to order in the face of their glaring infractions of the law, and the sanctity of agreements particularly as relates the recent development. We are greatly appalled by the primitive behaviour shown by the Ghana Police in their latest arrests of Mine Workers who were legitimately protesting in protection of their economic rights to work and earn an honest living. We demand their immediate and unconditional release and at the same time condemn Government in the strongest terms for failing to protect its citizens and aiding foreign multinationals in the violation of the rights of the workers. Several things have gone wrong and the State instead of protecting its citizens has chosen the side of foreign monopoly capital. For instance, we are shocked to know of the use of the military to intimidate Mine Workers to sign redundancy letters, and also compelled to sign a one month fixed-term contract with management. Who does the government of Ghana serve? This treatment by Gold Fields Ghana Limited in their quest to terminate the employment of thousands of workers through an utterly unfair redundancy exercise, is in clear violation of the national labour laws and the international core labour standards and also in breach of the current collective agreement. We have benefited nothing from our gold as a country; everything is owned and controlled by the multinationals. The little we get from taxes, we give out in concessions. Under the circumstances therefore, the only real benefit is in the form of employment of our people and even then they usually work in exploitative and abusive conditions. Now even that meagre benefit is under threat. It is time Government reviews the mining agreements and put Nationalisation firmly on the table if it genuinely believes in its newly found mantra of “Ghana Beyond Aid”. Long live Mine Workers! Long live African Workers! Signed. Ernesto Yeboah
Published in General News
The beginning of the new Ghana Premier League season which should have started on the 11th of February 2018 was already postponed twice due to the current legal battle between Great Olympic and the GFA. Today on the 13th of March the Sports Minister Hon. Isaac Asiamah expressed his concerns about the delay of the league. He declared that right now he is rather concerned about the jobs depending on the regular league business than on the sport events Ghana is missing out. As we all know a game of football in the national premier league is a huge event which creates jobs for many people such as food sellers, security guards, cleaning staff etc. But with the ongoing delay of the league those people are forced to remain idle or search for different sources of income. As a result of this the Sports Minister asked the GFA to resolve the differences as soon as possible while meeting the press today. On the 15th of March Olympics and the GFA are set to meet again in the courtroom to finally settle their controversies. Let's hope they succeed, for the sake of the workers and for the sake of Ghanaian football. By Jannick Steinacker (Intern, Rainbow Radio)
Published in Sports
It has emerged that Zylofon Media paid the Nigeria artistes that performed at Becca’s 10th anniversary concert over 4 million dollars. This was contained in a Facebook post by the Head of [Production at Zylofon Media, Enoch Atakorah who detailed the achievements of the media firm since it started operating in the country. He also rubbished suggestion by critics that the media firm has not contributed anything to the industry. Read the full post below: “A year ago, Ghanaians were screaming everywhere, there is no investment in music, our entertaiment industry is dead. No money for artistes to do shows and travel to promote their music, movie is dead..talents are not getting investments. 8 months ago, Zylofon signs 5 movie stars and 5 musicians including top guys Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy. Gives them cars, houses, pays for their travels to promote their music all over the world. Zylofon organizes two major shows for Stonebwoy, Ashaiman to the world and Bhim concert. All paid for by Zylofon. No sponsors. Another big show for Becca as Zylofon paid and recorded her album..launched it and paid for marketing in Europe and everywhere. Spends over $4M to get Wizkid, Davido, MI, name them all to come to Becca’s show. 2 months ago Zylofon put down $1M arts fund for all player to access to invest in there creativity. Zylofon has set up a fully paid A&R department, Sales and Distribution with outlet all over Ghana for artiste to sell their albums. Sets up online monetisation for all creative people. To expand the conglomerate Zylofon buys space and has constructed a state of the art auditorium for performers. They have invested in new branches in the UK to help GH artistes connect to Europe with their materials. Zylofon has full time road managers, PROs, Video directors, etc..to help their signed artistes. Well they have opened TV and radio also to employ and create more platforms. Well, they have a chopper and private jet for record labels operations. In all these. Ghanaians are asking for Zylofon Music’s achievements in the one year they have been in existence. Ghanaians are saying..what have they done? Yes, Kwame NKRUMAH came to Ghana. These same people. We are and forever be Ghanaians. Can you imagine Zylofon being Nigerian??” –
Published in Entertainment
The Youth and Sports Minister, Isaac Kwame Asiamah has said the previous administration led by President John Dramani Mahama, left a debt of GHc51 million at his ministry. The minister who took his turn at the Meet-the –Press today [Tuesday] said the accounts of the Ministry was in red when he took over from his predecessor Nii Lantey Vanderpuije, who was the last sports minister under the eight-year tenure of the National Democratic Congress administration. "I am sorry to report to you that we met a negative balance of 51 million Ghana cedis, that is the debt we inherited... There was nothing at the Ministry of Youth and Sports". "All these things that have been able to happen are through creative minds that's what has happened here. So if we have been able to achieve a lot, that is why I am grateful to my able lieutenants, they are creative people and they are helping us to achieve a lot at the Ministry of Youth and Sports". "As it's said, you come and fix challenge, so we are fixing the challenge through creative means," he stated.
Published in Sports
A former NADMO Coordinator under the former President Kufour’s administration, George Isaac Amoo, has declared his intention to contest the Greater Accra Regional chairmanship position for the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP). At a press conference held at the GNAT Hall in Accra Tuesday, the agriculturist said he is going to be third time lucky after failing to win the seat on two occasions. Mr. Amoo, told journalists that his desire to contest the race, has been influenced by the desire to empower party foot soldiers and to motivate people at the grassroots to be involved in the affairs of the party to win and consolidate our gains in 2020.’’ The grassroots he opined are the engine of growth and sustenance so long as we [NPP] continue to engage in this pre-occupation.’’ On the what he will do when given the nod, the former constituency secretary for Ayawaso West Wuogon said: ‘’I will ensure that grassroots are economically resourced and catered for.’’ Meanwhile, he has admonished the NPP not be complacent because the 2020 polls will not be an easy task for them. ‘’To those who think 2020 will be a walk over should revise their notes and take a cue from history. Our fortunes in Election will be dependent on how well we manage, resource and marshal our grassroots effectively for the daunting task ahead.’’ He added: ‘’I believe that no single NPP foot soldier who has worked and toiled in the tranches over the years to ensure the NPP taste power be left behind. If our grassroots continue to live in poverty, it would be difficult for them to work hard to ensure we consolidate our gains.’’ Describing himself as the indomitable fighter, the human resource consultant said his doors shall be opened up for scrutiny as a way of showing an unquenchable desire to achieve good leadership. I urge you all to join my bid to help strengthen and consolidate our gains in the future ahead of us,’’ he appealed.
Published in General News
A former Chief of Defence Staff, Brigadier General Nunoo-Mensah, has slammed the decision by previous presidents and the current one not to occupy the Flagstaff House, the seat of government. The security capo told Rainbow Radio’s Kwabena Agyapong that, we should no longer tolerate any president who refuses to occupy the official seat of government. Referring to Russia, America and the United Kingdom, he said all their presidents stay in the official seat of government despite having their private residence. According to the former security advisor we should not also use state resources to renovate private residence of our presidents should they refuse to stay at the Flagstaff House. He was however quick to add that, the current Flagstaff House was not properly structured. ‘’There are some structural problems. The Flagstaff House was not properly constructed. But whatever the problem is, we need to fix it. The edifice was not well structured and so we should fix the problem,’’ he noted. In his view, the edifice does not also reflect the cost invested into constructing it. He stressed the need for the structural problem to be resolved so we will ensure that President Akufo-Addo, and any president who will come after him, will occupy the Flagstaff House. The plush presidential palace was re-built in 2008 during the tenure of former President John Agyekum Kufuor. It was then known as the Golden Jubilee House until the National Democratic Congress (NDC) took over governance of the country in 2009 under the late president Prof. John Evans Atta Mills. Mills moved the office of the president back to the Osu Castle and later changed the sign in front of the building back to its original name claiming that the previous government had not used a Legislative Instrument to effect the change as required by law. The cost of the construction was around $45-50 million and was overseen by an Indian contractor.
Published in General News
Page 1 of 2
  1. Popular
  2. Trending
  3. Comments

Calender

« March 2018 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31