Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me
Rainbow Radio - Items filtered by date: Monday, 05 March 2018
Songstress, Noalla Wiyaala, has revealed why her name did not appear in any of the categories for this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs). The singer who was the 2015 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards’ Best Female Vocal Performer told host of Away Bus, Danny Fii Abrantie, on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm that, she did not file any nomination for consideration. On why she failed to file a nomination, the pop star said, a lot of her fans have called to quiz why name did not appear in any of the categories and she has explained to them that, she did not file. She said, her decision not to file was because she felt she had not released seven-ten songs that were back-back tracks. According to her, the definitions by CharterHouse for the 2018 edition also contributed to her decision not to file. ‘’The way they [CharterHouse] described the awards; some of us, when we released one song the song needs to go the crowd and people have to get to use to it before we release another one. We take our time because our songs are not just something we do and in one week we cover it for another thing,’’ she said. She was reacting to her tweet on why she failed to attend to the nominees unveiling for the 2018 awards ceremony. She had earlier tweeted that: ‘’#VGMA2018@CharterHouseGH#VodafoneMusicGH Thanks for the invitation to the launch last night, Sorry I cound’t come. I was on the family farm #Funsi putting food on the table’’. Wiyaala was invited by CharterHouse, to perform at the brief ceremony held in Accra to unveil all acts that have been nominated for this year’s awards ceremony under the theme ‘Beyond Borders’. According to her, the invitation came late and only two days to the ceremony. She described her tweet as an innocent one meant to explain to her fans, why could not attend the event. ‘’I did not refuse to attend the event. My tweet was an innocent tweet…The invitation came late. I was in Wa and so before I could travel to Tamale and board a plane to Accra; it would not have been an easy journey. I would have missed the event,’’ she explained.
Published in Music
Ghanaian afro pop singer, songwriter who sings in her native Sissala and Waale languages, Noella Wiyaala, has justified why she failed to attend the 2018 VGMAs nominees unveiling ceremony. Speaking in an exclusive interview with Danny Fii Abrantie, on the Away Bus Show, the pop star said, she was busy on the farm putting food on the table. She had earlier tweeted that: ‘’#VGMA2018@CharterHouseGH#VodafoneMusicGH Thanks for the invitation to the launch last night, Sorry I cound’t come. I was on the family farm #Funsi putting food on the table’’. Wiyaala was invited by CharterHouse, to perform at the brief ceremony held in Accra to unveil all acts that have been nominated for this year’s awards ceremony under the theme ‘Beyond Borders’. According to her, the invitation came late and only two days to the ceremony. She described her tweet as an innocent one meant to explain to her fans, why could not attend the event. ‘’I did not refuse to attend the event. My tweet was an innocent tweet…The invitation came late. I was in Wa and so before I could travel to Tamale and board a plane to Accra; it would not have been an easy journey. I would have missed the event,’’ she explained. Wiyaala stressed the only way was to tweet and explain why she could not make it to the event. She sarcastically added that, her reason for not attending the event was due to the inability of CharterHouse to add money to her invitation. ‘’The distance was too far and I am in the village, and by the time I get to VGMAs, it would have been the next day. I did not want to be rude hence the tweet. I did nothing wrong. I saw nothing wrong with my tweet,’’ she insisted.
Published in Entertainment
The Member of Parliament for Builsa South, Dr. Clement Apaak, has asked President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, to take responsibility for the ‘’unprecedented acts of lawlessness and impunity’’ in the country. The failure of the president and his party to allow the law to deal with the various vigilante groups associated with the elephant family, has led to the upsurge in the recent criminal activities in the country. he suggested. In a latest write up, the former Presidential Staffer under former President John Dramani Mahama said: ‘’Finally President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo (NADAA), is AWARE that the security situation in our nation Ghana has deteriorated! He continued: ‘’As I've noted severally, the buck stops with the President as the Commander in Chief and Chair of the National Security Council, it is his responsibility to ensure the safety of every Ghanaian as outlined in the Constitution. ‘’Consequently, the current insecurity, precipitated by the refusal of NADAA and his NPP government to allow the law to deal with his party vigilante groups has emboldened the criminal elements in our nation.’’ Read Below the full write up: Finally President NADAA is AWARE that the security situation in our nation Ghana has deteriorated! As I've noted severally, the buck stops with the President as the Commander in Chief and Chair of the National Security Council, it is his responsibility to ensure the safety of every Ghanaian as outlined in the Constitution. Consequently, the current insecurity, precipitated by the refusal of NADAA and his NPP government to allow the law to deal with his party vigilante groups has emboldened the criminal elements in our nation. President NADAA must take full responsibility for the unprecedented acts of lawlessness and impunity in our Fourth Republic! Musical chairs will not solve the problem. How could it when members of the state security agencies take orders from leaders of NPP vigilante groups! The future of our democracy is at stake. Let the see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil hypocritic brigade continue in their blatant silence! Truth Stands.
Published in General News
The Sanitation Minister, Mr. Kofi Adda, has taken a swipe at individuals who have described him as incompetent. The minister has been lambasted both on traditional and social media by persons who believes he’s not shown any leadership and competence since he was appointed. However, Mr. Ada has responded his critics saying, those who have criticized him and still do, all the incompetent ones because they lack understanding about his work. ‘’Those people are incompetent because they don’t even know what is involved in sanitation. They are the incompetent ones,’’ he stated. The minister also reiterated that he stand by his resolve to ensure that, we have a different story to tell when it comes to the management of waste in the country by June this year. He said, ‘’I am committed to it as charged by the president, and I am also commenting to it because of the plans and resources being pledged to get the work done, and I am sure we will turn the country into a different place by June.’’ He stressed it is ‘’our intention to make Ghana clean.’’ The minister also said, we have to set up a material recovery site on about 40-100 acres of land, where we are going to construct factories involving processing plants, with an integrated system including recycling plants. ‘’We will have a plant that would turn the organic waste into compost. We will have a plant that would begin to burn some of the waste and that will power the turbines that would produce electricity. These are all scientific methods that exist within the sanitation engineering field. And we hope that, in the near future, we would be able to cut the sod to develop some of these factories.’’
Published in General News
The Public Utility Regulatory Commission (PURC), has announced a general reduction in electricity tariffs effective March 15, 2018. Residential customers per the new tariff cuts are to enjoy a 17.5% reduction, while non-residential customers will see tariffs cut by 30%. This was contained a statement issued by the PURC. The mining sector have been given a 10% tariff cut and 25% cut for Special Load Tariff Customers (LV, MV & HV) Statement which signed by the Executive Secretary of PURC, Mrs. Mani Dufie Ofori said, “The PURC after extensive stakeholders’ consultations, detailed technical analysis of utility tariff proposals and consideration of inputs and concerns of consumers, has approved tariff reductions for various electricity consumer categories, effective 15th March 2018.” The Commission received tariff proposals from the utility service providers in the electricity sectors namely, Ghana Grid Company Limited (GRIDCo), Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), Northern Electricity Distribution Company (NEDCo), Enclave Power Company Limted (EPCL) and the Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL), ” the statement added. The statement said the decision was reached atfter an extensive consultations with stakeholders in the sector, as well as detailed analysis of proposals tendered in by companies in the power distribution chain.
Published in Business
The Minority in Parliament has lambasted the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) for the burning of some vehicles and equipment in the Northern region by some personnel of the security service. Chairman of the NDC Northern Region Caucus, Inusah Fuseini, who is the MP for Tamalae Central, described the action by the military detachment as ‘’brutish and callous’’. According to the statement signed by the legislator, the military personnel pounced on some sand winners, assaulted, seized their vehicles and other equipment and later set them ablaze. Mr. Fuseini indicated that, although the activities by the winners were unlawful, the action by the military was irresponsible. He called for a full scale investigation into the matter. Read the full statement below MINORITY CONDEMNS MILITARY OPERATIONS IN KUMBUNGU DISTRICT The Minority Caucus of the Northern Region condemns in the strongest of terms the brutish and callous manner in which a detachment of the military under the directions of the Regional Security Council, seized and burnt fourteen (14) tipper trucks, an excavator and several motorbikes in the Afa Yile community of the Dalun electoral area in the Kumbungu District. Indeed, it came to the attention of the Minority Caucus in parliament that on Saturday March 3, 2018, at about 11:am, a group of drivers while winning sand at a place determined for them by the Northern Region Security Council, were pounced upon by a contingent of military personnel ostensibly to arrest them. While not condoning any activity that adversely impacts the environment and compromises the ability of the Ghana Water Company to continue to deliver portable water to consumers within its catchment area, the Minority Caucus is at a loss, at the justification for adopting instant justice to deal with alleged perpetrators of illegal sand winning without recourse to the law courts. The threats to our natural resources is something that must be of concern to all well-meaning Ghanaians, but that obviously should not give anybody the impudence to act with impunity . It is important to state that, the state in all its constitution has a duty to protect lives and property of its citizens. The protection of property is more acute and demanding in the Northern Region, considering that the region is one of the poorest regions of the country. We are by this statement calling for a full scale investigation into the operation and the circumstances leading to the assault on the persons who were in charge of the vehicles at the time, the burning down of those vehicles and equipments, and the alleged confiscation of monies belonging to those who were brutalized. We further demand the immediate resignation of the Minister for Defense, who has sought to justify the dastardly act of the military; the resignation of the Northern Regional Minister who we understand, as head of the Regional Security Council, gave orders for the perpetration of this heinous act; the resignation of the DCE for Kumbungu, who was aloof while these acts of violence were committed against his own people. We further call for compensation to be paid to those who have lost property and those who suffered personal injuries as a result of this illegal, unwarranted and uncalled for operation. Signed: Alhaji Inusah Fuseini, MP for Tamale Central and Chairman of the NDC Northern Region Caucus, Parliament.
Published in General News
The Police Wives Association (POLWA) has charged government to retool the police service to enable them discharge their duties effectively and efficiently. President of POLWA, Mamaga Sotsimede Adziwe II, speaking to Nyankonton Mu Nsem on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, said although they appreciate the package, it would be better for their husbands to be alive and work for a well equipped service than to die for a logistically challenged one. She was reacting to the compensation package announced by government for the late Chief Inspector Emmanuel Ashilevi, who was killed by armed robbers at Kwabenya some few weeks ago. The Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, at the funeral of the late slain police officer said, government was committed to improving and sustaining the general welfare of the officers and men of the Ghana Police Service. The wife and children of the late Emmanuel Ashilevi, who has been posthumously promoted to the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police, are set to receive a total of Ghs 185,374.85 (one hundred and eighty five thousand, three hundred and seventy four cedis and eighty five pesewas), equivalent to more than Ghc1.8 billion old cedis, Dr Bawumia announced. But reacting to the package, POLWA’s president said, although the package announced was good, that would not satisfy them better than seeing their husbands returning back home from duty secured, safe and sound. According to her, the most important challenge they would want government resolve is to provide personnel with the needed logistics that would assure them of their safety and security. ‘’We want government to provide them with the needed logistics. The Interior Ministry is in charge of the police, prisons and fire but the police deserve better attention. We do want to record the death of another police officer. We would hit the street with a demonstration should government fail to provide the police with the needed logistics or another police die in line of duty,’’ she warned.
Published in General News
The family of the Kwabenya Police Officer who was gunned down by armed robbers, late Chief Emmanuel Ashilevi has expressed their profound gratitude to government over the compensation package given them. The Vice President announced a compensation package of GHc15, 000 to the family during his burial ceremony on Saturday March 3, 2018. Speaking on Frontline today [Monday], the brother of the late Inspector, William Amoako said, it was a shock to them because they did not expect that from the government and so they are very grateful for the effort made by the government. He added that, even though the compensation package may not bring back their brother, they agre grateful for the effort made by government. He also commended Ghanaians and the media for the support during the loss of their beloved father, son and relative. Announcing the reviewed compensation arrangement at the funeral of then-Chief Inspector, now Assistant Superintendent of Police Emmanuel Kweku Ashilevi, who was killed when armed men stormed the Kwabenya Police station some weeks ago, the Vice President of the Republic, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, said government was committed to improving and sustaining the general welfare of the officers and men of the Ghana Police Service. The wife and children of the late Emmanuel Ashilevi, who has been posthumously promoted to the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police, are set to receive a total of Ghs 185,374.85 (one hundred and eighty five thousand, three hundred and seventy four cedis and eighty five pesewas), equivalent to more than Ghc1.8 billion old cedis, Dr Bawumia announced. In the past, the average amount paid was Ghs500 (five hundred cedis). Government has also directed the release of funds to pay the enhanced compensation to 122 other personnel who either got injured or lost their lives in the period under review and have not received their compensation packages. The payments are expected to be completed by the end of March, 2018. Then-Inspector Ashilevi was shot when a gang stormed the Kwabenya District Police headquarters in the early hours of Sunday January 21, 2018 to free suspected armed robbers who were in custody.
Published in General News
Family of the late Major Maxwell Mahama, the military officer who was killed last year by an angry mob, has expressed their displeasure at the number of persons standing trial for the offence. Fourteen (14) are currently standing trial for the murder of the late soldier. But the lack of legal representation for five of the suspects forced judge to adjourn when the case was called today [Monday]. Spokesperson for the family, Zakaria Ahmed, says a lot of people have been left off the hook. According to him, the family expected to see more people facing trial ‘’than we have’’. ‘’Looking at what we saw in the videos and the number of people that were arrested at the beginning, we thought that we would have had more people…We had a mob action and so we expect a mob trial. Let the court look at everybody, let them come to the court and come and defend themselves,’’ he noted. An Accra High court few weeks ago commenced hearing on the matter after a Circuit Court committed them to trial after 13 of the 14 individuals were identified in a video recording. The accused persons are William Baah, the Assemblyman of Denkyira Obuasi, Bernard Asamoah alias Daddy, Kofi Nyarko aka Abortion, Akwasi Baah, Kwame Tuffour, Joseph Appiah Kubi, Micheal Anim and Bismarck Donkor. Others are John Bosie, Akwasi Baah, Charles Kwaning, Emmanuel Badu, Bismarck Abanga and Kwadwo Anima.
Published in General News
The Minister of Inner City and Zongo development Boniface Abubakar Saddique, has appealed to Ghanaians to desist from politicizing sports in the country. He was speaking at launch of Zulka sports arena here in Dansoman,a suburb of Accra. In the beginning, the minister made clear that he is “very good friends” with the opposing political party members and he is glad that they are not fighting as perceived by the public. But besides all this, he needs to address a serious problem concerning sports in Ghana. In his opinion, politicians in Ghana are getting too much involved into sports, especially into football. He appeals to the politicians to keep their personal political gains out of sports, because “as soon as you mix politics with sports, what is intended are personal achievements”, he mentioned. So the right step would be to keep personal interests out of the sport, leave the political discussion where it belongs and to be very critical with every position made. By Jannick Steinacker (Intern Rainbow Radio)
Published in Sports
Page 1 of 2
  1. Popular
  2. Trending
  3. Comments

Calender

« March 2018 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31