Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me
Rainbow Radio - Items filtered by date: Friday, 09 March 2018
The rivalry between dancehall artistes and signees of Zylofon Music, Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy, has taken a new twist, as self acclaimed dancehall king, Shatta Wale, has warned Stonebwoy to desist from taking a swipe at him. Shatta in a facebook post asked Stonebwoy to be careful and learn from how he [Wale] killed Samini’s career lyrically following the long held rivalry between them. Shatta Wale also in the post stated that, he is Zylofon whereas his colleague signee has no place at Zylofon. The post read: ‘’Stonebwoy stop that silly thing ooo ibe so Samini do weh a kill am lyrically…this beef u deh start u can’t WIN and you known from year heart…I am ZYLOFON…are you ZYLOFON…Answer me,’’ the post ended. Shatta Wale had earlier taken a swipe at Stonebwoy and accused him of living a fake life. This was after Stonebwoy donated GHc5,000 to the accident centre at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital as part of his birthday celebration. In Shatta Wale’s post, he said “They pretend they have money infront of their friends but anytime these friends ask them to do something for them.They will say chale me my money Ade put into sick people dem a inside for hospitals….and will continue to say things like and I quote “Me anobe like some people weh if dem get money dem go buy cars dash cars Etc…oh that’s good !!”. He added that “but my nigga you deh lie you kno get Foko….False pretender Stop pretending..it’s Friday”.
Published in Entertainment
The Ashanti regional police command has arrested two suspects namely: Vikuniba Joe Zoot, 25, and Kozel Borama, 25, for attempting to sell the head of a five year old boy they beheaded. According to the police, at about 7:00pm on Wednesday March 7, 2018, the two suspects all from Tongo, in the Upper East region, approached one Sheik Alhaji Mohammed Maaye, a spiritualist at Suame to sell the human head to him. The spiritualist expressed his interest and agreed to pay an amount of two thousand five hundred Ghana cedis (2,500.00). He however arranged with the police on the blind side of the suspects to get them arrested. The police acting upon the information, stormed the residence of the priest and apprehended the suspects who were in the process of handing over the head of the minor, to the priest in a black polythene bag. Addressing the media today [Friday], regional commander for Kumasi, DCOP Ken Yeboah said, the suspects later led the police to retrieve the headless body of the deceased at the outskirt of Ampabame near Sokobon in an uncompleted building. Information so far revealed that, the deceased was residing with his parents at Suame in Kumasi. The suspects he added confessed to the crime and would be processed for court on Monday March 12, 2018. He was however quick to add that, the police ''is still conducting further investigation into the matter''. Meanwhile, three other suspects in connection with a foiled robbery incident at Abenkyim near Bekwai have also been arrested. The three suspects namely: Samuel Agyekum, 18, Boakye Ansah,24, and Innocent Amoako alias stonky,19, had planned to rob a filling station at Abenkyim near Bekwai. DCOP Yeboah told journalists that, the suspects confessed of their plan to rob the filling station during interrogation.
Published in Crime
The Ashanti regional police command has arrested two suspects namely: Vikuniba Joe Zoot, 25, and Kozel Borama, 25, for attempting to sell the head of a five year old boy they beheaded. According to the police, at about 7:00pm on Wednesday March 7, 2018, the two suspects all from Tongo, in the Upper East region, approached one Sheik Alhaji Mohammed Maaye, a spiritualist at Suame to sell the human head to him. The spiritualist expressed his interest and agreed to pay an amount of two thousand five hundred Ghana cedis (2,500.00). He however arranged with the police on the blind side of the suspects to get them arrested. The police acting upon the information, stormed the residence of the priest and apprehended the suspects who were in the process of handing over the head of the minor, to the priest in a black polythene bag. Addressing the media today [Friday], regional commander for Kumasi, DCOP Ken Yeboah said, the suspects later led the police to retrieve the headless body of the deceased at the outskirt of Ampabame near Sokobon in an uncompleted building. Information so far revealed that, the deceased was residing with his parents at Suame in Kumasi. The suspects he added confessed to the crime and would be processed for court on Monday March 12, 2018. He was however quick to add that, the police ''is still conducting further investigation into the matter''. Meanwhile, three other suspects in connection with a foiled robbery incident at Abenkyim near Bekwai have also been arrested. The three suspects namely: Samuel Agyekum, 18, Boakye Ansah,24, and Innocent Amoako alias stonky,19, had planned to rob a filling station at Abenkyim near Bekwai. DCOP Yeboah told journalists that, the suspects confessed of their plan to rob the filling station during interrogation.
Published in Crime
Member of Parliament for the Korle Klottey constituency, Dr. Zanetor Agyeman-Rawlings, has said we need to come a point where legal actions would be taken against companies that discriminate against women. She said it is very unfortunate for women to be discriminated against based on their gender. Women she noted should be given equal opportunities just like the men based on competence, experience and capacity. The legislator and medical doctor said, although women constitute more than 50 percent of the population, it does not reflect in any of the fields. Dr. Rawlings also spoke against the situation where women are forced to give sexual favours in other to get jobs or good grades at the universities. She said, ‘’we need to speak against these irresponsible behaviours so Ghanaians would know that, it is bad. We must not allow these things to continue.’’ She admonished institutions that work in the interest of women, to up their game and represent the interest of abused women. Dr. Zanetor Agyeman-Rawlings stressed the need for Ghana to adopt measures that could help close the gender gap. Women in her view, should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with men when it comes to opportunities. She admonished the media to help champion the empowerment of women and blacklist those who attack women and use abusive language on radio and television.
Published in General News
Spokesperson for the Small Scale Miners Association of Ghana, Ben Annan, is claiming that, the ban placed on small scale mining activities did not affect them. He told Kwabena Agyapong, on Frontline on Rainbow Radio 87.5fm that, government did not ban small scale mining because all along, the ban was on illegal mining popularly called galamsey and not small scale mining. Mr. Annan said, ''government has just informed small scale miners of banning us but in the past, government told us it wanted to identify the illegal miners.'' ‘’There is a difference between small scale mining and galamsey and so if government has placed a ban on small scale mining, we do not have any problem about it,’’ he stated. He was reacting to the extension on the ban on small scale mining for three consecutive times. The association he said has consistently assisted government in the fight against illegal mining due to its negative impact. ‘’We were not on a ban. We have not been banned, we were only asked to support the fight against galamsey,’’ he insisted. He wondered foreign miners have been allowed to work whereas Ghanaians are be being treated unfairly. To him, the situation has affected them adversely and created serious economic challenges for the local economy. He described the move as selective justice and painful. The ban on small scale mining has been extended again. Government in January 2017, placed a ban on small scale mining due to the widespread devastation of water resources and forest reserves as a result of the activities of illegal mining. The ban which was supposed to have ended in October 2017, was extended to January 2018. However, the Minister in charge of Lands and Natural Resources, John Peter Amewu, says the ban has been extended again for another three months. Speaking at an awards ceremony, the Minister revealed that the extension became necessary after small scale miners failed to meet the target set for them to have it reviewed. “The ban has invariably been extended because we have not lifted it. We met with the Association and clearly our targets have still not been met. The ban is still in force until we have reviewed our performance and given an indication of what to do next.” He also added that the Ministry will maintain the moratorium on all activities of small-scale mining until it was convinced that, illegal mining, otherwise known as “galamsey” had been completely eradicated.
Published in General News
The Financial Forensics Unit of the Criminal Investigations Department is on the hunt for a Nigerian national alleged to be the leader of a gang of armed robbers who robbed a forex bureau at Teshie Tsuibleoo on March 31, 2018. The suspect, whose name was given as Kess @ Kess Billion is alleged to have made away with n unspecified amount of money from that robbery. A statement from the department described the suspect as "29 years old, about 5ft 8 inches tall, slim in stature with tattoo marks on both shoulders. He was last seen at Teshie wearing a pair of jeans trousers over a 'T' shirt. The Police is appealing to the general public and anyone with information on his whereabouts to report to the nearest police station or contact the Commander, Financial Forensics Unit/CID Headquarters on phone numbers: 0303779331/03022761272/0302761272 or Police Command Centre Nos. 191 all networks of 18555 on MTN and Vodafone networks.
Published in General News
Roxanne Mawunyo, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Young Women in Programming YWIP), has underscored the need for more girls and women to be encouraged to acquire a skill in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT). The second year student currently studying BSc Administration at the University of Ghana Legon, and Co-Founder of Creative App Solution, and initiator of (YWIP), told Kwabena Agyapong on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm that, the initiative will empower young women to solve problems. The initiative she explained targets young girls from the basic to the tertiary level and train them to acquire skills in coding, software development, among others. YWIP was launched on 25th September, 2017 at the University of Professional Studies (UPSA). Since the launch, YWIP has trained over 70 women to either create mobile applications and websites and is aiming to facilitate, encourage and enable a significant increase in the participation of young women to develop professional skills in computer programming to help solve analytical problems in the society and also breach the global gender disparity gap and discrimination in the world of tech. Roxanne Mawunyo, believes in the philosophy of empowering women both economically, socially and one major area we can do that is through technology. She bemoaned the number of women in ICT and used a boot camp she attended where she was the only lady hence the motivation for her to establish YWIP. She also asked the public to kill the misconception that ICT, Science and Mathematics are for only boys. The training she noted comes from her own pocket with support from her parents and siblings. According to her, she wrote to over 100 companies but all of them turned her down saying they do not support women empowerment programmes. She has called on corporate Ghana to support her initiative so more women would benefit. ‘’The world is advancing and so we have to train more women in ICT so we can bridge the gender gap,’’ she indicated. Success Story A beneficiary of the training, Belinda Twumwaa Hammond, said the opportunity she got has been beneficial for her. As a graduate of tourism, she said getting a job was extremely difficult after taking the opportunity to train, she has been able to set two online businesses. She operates Twumwaa Fresh, an online platform that purchase and package fresh vegetables for clients. According to her, her father has a farm and so she buys the fresh vegetables from her father and does the packaging for the clients. She also operates Twumwaa Accessories- an online platform where clients buy accessories and dresses.
Published in General News
Shop owners operating around the Nima residence of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, have been given a week ultimatum to vacate the area. Information gathered by rainbowradioonline.com has that; operatives from the National Security stormed the area and gave the traders a week to vacate the place. A compensation raging from GHc3,000-GHc10,000 has been handed to the affected traders. But some of them have expressed their displeasure at the amount.
Published in General News
Private legal practitioner, Maurice Ampaw, has suggested that, the decision by the Appeals Court to set aside findings by the Sole Commissioner against businessman, Alfred Woyome, has rendered that report useless. The Court of Appeal on Thursday set aside the findings of Sole Commissioner Justice Yaw Apau, citing a breach of the principles of natural justice. According to the court, the Commissioner failed to give Mr. Woyome a fair hearing since it moved beyond examining records of payment of the Judgement debt to assess circumstances leading to the payment. Reacting to the court’s decision, lawyer Ampaw, said by this decision, any other person indicted in the Sole Commissioner’s report, has been cleared of any wrong doing. In his view, we should blame former President John Dramani Mahama, because setting up the Sole Commissioner, was the most useless enquiry. He noted that, the commissioner failed to give people indicted in the findings a fair hearing and ‘’so the finding is now a bogus finding. Per Woyome’s ruling, the Sole Commissioner was not necessary; it was done in haste, it was done to pretend to Ghanaians that, the government of the day was concerned about judgement debt, but it was done just to cover up Woyome’s misdeeds.’’ The controversial lawyer said the embattled businessman has been vindicated when it comes to the Commission of Enquiry’s work. But he is not free from the ruling by the Supreme Court for him to refund the money. ‘’Woyome should pay back our money and stop wasting our time. Paying back the money is the most important thing for Ghanaians,’’ he added. He insisted the commission’s work was shoddy, done in haste and in an unfair manner and the adverse finding would no longer be bidding. The court’s judgment follows a suit filed by Alfred Woyome in June 2016 where he argued that the Sole Commissioner, Justice Yaw Apau, erred in fact and law in reaching his conclusions about him. The Sole Commission, headed by Justice Yaw Apau, was set up by former President John Mahama in October 2012 to look into the payment of all judgement debts since 1992, following the various judgement debt scandals that rocked the country. The Commission submitted its findings to the government in May 2015, and highlighted some breaches in due process in governance systems that led to financial loss to the state.
Published in General News
%AM, %09 %427 %2018 %09:%Mar

Ban on Small Scale Mining extended again

The ban on small scale mining has been extended again. Government in January 2017, placed a ban on small scale mining due to the widespread devastation of water resources and forest reserves as a result of the activities of illegal mining. The ban which was supposed to have ended in October 2017, was extended to January 2018. However, the Minister in charge of Lands and Natural Resources, John Peter Amewu, says the ban has been extended again for another three months. Speaking at an awards ceremony, the Minister revealed that the extension became necessary after small scale miners failed to meet the target set for them to have it reviewed. “The ban has invariably been extended because we have not lifted it. We met with the Association and clearly our targets have still not been met. The ban is still in force until we have reviewed our performance and given an indication of what to do next.” He also added that the Ministry will maintain the moratorium on all activities of small-scale mining until it was convinced that, illegal mining, otherwise known as “galamsey” had been completely eradicated.
Published in General News
Page 1 of 2
  1. Popular
  2. Trending
  3. Comments

Calender

« March 2018 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31