President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo says he is astonished following the claims Kwesi Nyantakyi, made in the expose by Anas Aremeyaw Anas in his latest ‘Number 12’ video which was premiered at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) on Wednesday June 6, 2018.
The president of the republic spoke to investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas in reaction to the issues raised by Kwesi Nyantakyi.
Kwesi Nyantakyi made claims that the president was in need of money because he sold his family property to finance his campaign.
''I know for a fact that Nana Addo sold his properties to win the elections so his family is very broke. His brothers are always asking for money therefore the $5 million will ease the burden.''
He also made claims of inflated cost of road contracts stressing that 'overpasses' of the same standard conducted in New York and Ghana cost $70 million and $150 million respectively.
“The guy who is there [at the Transport Ministry], Asiamah; that is his [Kennedy Agyapong’s] small boy,” Kwesi Nyantakyi said.
“So, he [Karbo] mentioned that they wanted to make him [Kennedy Agyapong] a minister because of the contribution he made to the campaign. [Kennedy Agyapong] says he cannot be a minister because he is not a disciplined person to be a minister. But they [the government] gave him a ministry. They created a ministry and gave it to him and he nominated somebody as the minister. Yes, Ministry of Transport.”
In a meeting with Anas' Tiger Eye PI collaborators who posed as a businessman, Nyantakyi is captured soliciting sums of money on behalf the President ($5million), Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia ($3million), the Transport Minister, Kwaku Ofori Asiamah ($2 million) and his deputy Anthony Karbo ($1million).
But reacting to the claims said he "knows nothing" and is "astonished" by Nyantakyi's claims. "He is completely false, it is completely false".
In November 2017, the Ghana Football Association (GFA) led by Kwesi Nyantakyi, offered to give any Ghanaian who is able to bring hardcore evidence of corruption against any official GHc20, 000.
The president who addressed a press conference in November last year expressed worry over perceived corruption at the GFA without hardcore evidence.
“One of the things that we will be doing come next season is to discourage corruption. This act involves two people, without one reporting, you can’t hold any one responsible. So we are putting aside GHC 20,000 as an incentive package for whoever reports with evidence,”Nyantakyi told the press.
He made the declaration on the last day of the 3-day seminar of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) in Cape Coast.
The latest expose dubbed ‘Number 12’ by Anas Aremeyaw Anas and his Tiger Eye PI team, has shocked patrons who went to the AICC to watch the explosive video.
Kwesi Nyantakyi was captured on tape influencing undercover journalists who posed as investors to give him some amount of money so he could facilitate a meeting with the president on behalf of the investors.
Although the Code of Ethics of the GFA, prevents officials from negotiating for cuts on deals and sponsorship, the GFA boss was captured on tape influencing the investigators allow his establish as firm to broker the deal so he could get between 20-25 percent.
“Sponsorship is very hard to come by. And that’s why we are always grateful to any corporate entity that partners us to raise the profile of Ghana football by way of sponsoring our league.”
Nyantakyi explained that there was finder’s fee for whoever was able to bring sponsors to the table. But before the investors – who he continuously refers to as Sheikhs – could explain how they wanted to go about the deal, the administrator put forward his plans.
He suggests forming a company that will be the agency to broker the deal, so as to be able to get the commission on whatever sponsorship money is brought to the table.
“It’s cool money. Once the deal is sorted, then you get your share and I get mine. We can work it out so we get 20-25%.”
As part of the deal, he drafted Memorandum of Understanding, same day and got the investors sign to show how serious he was.
He further promised to give the investors media presence through the over 500 radio stations in the country.
Ghanaians who had the opportunity to watch the video are calling on Nyantakyi to resign since the evidence he clamored for has finally arrived.
It has emerged that Kwesi Nyantakyi, the embattled Ghana Football Association president had plans of taking over the country.
The lawyer and longest serving GFA boss in the latest expose by Anas Aremeyaw Anas, bragged about how he and the investors [Tiger Eye] could take over the country if he [undercover agent] is able to give him $11 million to split among some top government officials including President Nana Akufo-Addo and his vice Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia.
He disclosed in the secret recording that, the President will be willing to talk business should he [businessman] dole out some amount of money.
The President was to receive an amount of 5 million dollars, while 3 million would go to Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia, while the Minister and his deputy would receive an amount of 2 million and 1 million each.
“I can promise you that I can take you to whoever is important in Ghana
“We will meet them one on one and then you can give the money to them personally
“Give them something small for starters with your own discretion and when you get the big contracts we can go back and give them more money.
“When we do this we will take over the whole country,” he said.
Kwesi Nyantakyi further negotiated for his microfinance company to be used in transferring the money he requested to share amongst the political personalities he mentioned.
He mentioned others like Deputy Roads Minister, Anthony Karbo, and MP for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong.
According to him, Kennedy Agyapong cannot be called to order because of his financial support for the NPP.
“There is a man called Kennedy Agyapong. He is an MP. He is one of the biggest financiers of the NPP. He is very loud. He owns OMAN FM and NET2 TV. He is criticising the government, his own government, yes. He wants to control everything.’’
“…because of the ways he [Kennedy Agyapong] put into the campaign, nobody can call him to order. They will be begging him when he is insulting them. So Karbo was saying that after the President and the Vice President, we should involve him.”
Nyantakyi is said to have used the name of the President, the Vice President and other senior officers of the government to collect money and lure supposed foreign investors interested in establishing businesses in Ghana.
Meanwhile President Nana Akufo-Addo has described the claims by Mr. Nyantakyi as false and denied discussing with him the issues he raised in the video.
The Vice President on his part said the GFA boss used his name to deceive people.
Ghana Football Association (GFA) president, Kwesi Nyantakyi, has been captured on the latest Anas expose saying Kennedy Agyapong, the Assin Central MP rejected a ministerial appointment when he was offered one.
According to Nyantakyi, the maverick politician when offered the appointment, rejected it because he [Kennedy] said he is not a disciplined person to hold that position.
He further described Kennedy Agyapong as a loud person who criticizes his own government and the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) is unable to control him.
The premiering which saw viewers shocked captured Nyantakyi saying “So, he [Karbo] mentioned that they wanted to make him [Kennedy Agyapong] a minister because of the contribution he made to the campaign. [Kennedy Agyapong] says he cannot be a minister because he is not a disciplined person to be a minister.But they [the government] gave him a ministry. They created a ministry and gave it to him and he nominated somebody as the minister. Yes, Ministry of Transport.”
“So, he [Karbo] mentioned that they wanted to make him [Kennedy Agyapong] a minister because of the contribution he made to the campaign. [Kennedy Agyapong] says he cannot be a minister because he is not a disciplined person to be a minister.But they [the government] gave him a ministry. They created a ministry and gave it to him and he nominated somebody as the minister. Yes, Ministry of Transport.”
Kwesi Nyantaktyi is currently being investigated by the CID by using the name of President Akufo-Addo and Vice President Bawumia to solicit for money. He has been cautioned with defrauding by false pretence.
The main opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has issued a statement swiping the president over the dismissal of some state CEOs, a move the party claims is being used to cover the embarrassment following the expose by Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
The statement which was signed by Deputy General Secretary, Koku Anyidoho, called on party supporters to ignore the diversionary tactics being employed by government through the dismissal of the state CEOs.
The Managing Director for BOST, Alfred Obeng has been asked to hand over to one Mr. George Mensah Okley. The boss for the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA), Mr. Paul Asare Ansah has also been sacked.
But reacting to the dismissals, the NDC said: ‘’The National Democratic Congress (NDC), is calling on all Party members, to completely ignore, the desperate diversionary attempt of the failing and fast-sinking Akufo-Addo Government, to use the rather belated supposed sacking of some Chief Executive Officers of certain Government owned Entities to pull a veil over the impending screening of the corrosive corruption-laden video of Anas Aremyaw Anas.’’
It added: ‘’All comrades and patriots must stay glued to the nitty gritties of the video of Anas Aremyaw Anas, and hold this Super Incompetent NPP Administration accountable for the blatant ignominy and shame it has brought upon Kwame Nkrumah' s Ghana as they continue to swim in murky seas of: ONE DAY, ONE CORRUPTION.’’
Two Ghana Football Association (GFA) officials have been celebrated in the latest Anas Aremeyaw Anas’ explosive for refusing to be bribed.
The documentary dubbed ‘Number 12’ captured 77 GFA officials 17 referees accepting bribes to compromise their work.
A report by Daily Graphic indicated that the two men resisted the attempts to be compromised during a sting operation by Anas and his Tiger Eye PI team to uncover corruption in Ghanaian football.
Both are members of the GFA Executive Committee with Eyiah serving as a Divison One Representative and Mensah, a Premier League Representative.
Ayiah, a lawyer is the Management Committee Chairman of the national U-17 team, the Black Starlets.
He led the team to the 2017 FIFA World Cup in India where they suffered a quarter-final heartbreak as they were beaten 2-1 by African champions Mali.
Experienced match commissioner, JF Mensah is a Geodetic Engineer who has rich experience in football and business administration, project management, tourism and good working knowledge in accounting.
Popularly known as JF in football circles, he has served as Board Secretary for Cape Coast Mysterious Ebusua Dwarfs.
Mr Mensah has served as member of the Players Status Committee from January 2015 to date; member of the Premier League Board (March 2006 — December, 2014), secretary of the then Organisation of the Ghana League Clubs Association (OGLCA) for more than 15 years, past member of the Executive Committee of the Ghana League Clubs Association (GHALCA) among many other sub-committees of the GFA.
He has chalked a lot of successes as a management member of Dwarfs which saw the club participate in the CAF Cup Competitions on two occasions between the years 2000 and 2014. J.F also played a key role as a member of the Premier League Board (PLB) which adopted effective strategies and implemented new initiatives which saw a lot of transformations in the Board between the years 2006 and 2014.
As the Vice Chairman of the PLB Awards Committee, he played a key role which successfully organised the events from the 2010/2011 to the 2013/2014 football seasons.
Mr Mensah has also worked as the General Manager of the Ghana Tourist Development Company Limited in Accra.
The eagerly anticipated documentary will show at the Accra International Conference Center on June 6-7, 2018. There will be four(4) screenings each day: 3pm, 5pm, 8pm & 10pm.
The video will also be shown at the new GCB Auditorium at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in Kumasi on June 9 and 10, 2018.
The people of Tamale will have their turn to watch the video at Radach Hotel on June 13, 2018, while those in Takoradi will have the opportunity at Akroma Plaza on June 16, 2018.
Source: Rainbow Radio with additional files from Daily Graphic
The Minority in Parliament has expressed shock at the sod cutting ceremony for the commencement of the phase two of the Kumasi Airport project.
The Minority described the sod cutting ceremony as ‘’needless waste of time’’ and ‘’scarce national resources’’ in view of the fact that his predecessor, President John Dramani Mahama, performed the same ceremony on 5th December,2016, a statement signed by Mr. Kwame Governs Agbodza stated.
President Akufo-Addo cut sod for the commencement of phase two of the project today [Wednesday] but the MP for Adaklu and Ranking Member on Road and Transport Committee of Parliament took a swipe the president indicating that, ‘’ President Mahama performed the ceremony after securing parliamentary approval of a loan of 65,037,500 Euros from Banco Santander S.A. and export credit support from the United Kingdom Export Finance Agency, for onward lending in the sum of 7,762,500 Euros, to the Ghana Airports Company Limited, in November ,2016.This was preceded by Cabinet and PPA approvals.’’
Read the statement below:
STATEMENT BY MINORITY IN PARLIAMENT ON PURPORTED SOD CUTTING FOR WORK ON KUMASI AIRPORT PHASE II
The Minority Caucus in Parliament has received with shock and bewilderment, news that President Akufo Addo will cut sod for work on the second phase of the Kumasi International Airport.
The purported sod cutting by the President would amount to a needless waste of time and scarce national resources in view of the fact that his predecessor, President John Dramani Mahama, performed the same ceremony on 5th December,2016.
President Mahama performed the ceremony after securing parliamentary approval of a loan of 65,037,500 Euros from Banco Santander S.A. and export credit support from the United Kingdom Export Finance Agency, for onward lending in the sum of 7,762,500 Euros, to the Ghana Airports Company Limited, in November ,2016.
This was preceded by Cabinet and PPA approvals.
We note that the same contractor with whom an agreement was entered in 2016 to execute the project has been retained for the project. We find it inexplicable therefore, that the President would waste scarce national resources only to perform a ceremony that has already been undertaken by his processor.
This sort of conduct smacks of desperation and are symptomatic of a government that has nothing to show for the billions of Ghana Cedis it has borrowed since January,2017.
The Minority caucus in Parliament deplores this level of populism and shallow opportunism through which the Akufo Addo government seeks to take undue credit for the work of others.
We wish to also put on record that similar work was done by the NDC government under President Mahama in respect of the Tamale Airport and we expect that the Akufo Addo government will go through the motions and formalities to ensure the commencement of work on the phase two of that project.
About $ 150 million was approved by Parliament in November,2016 for the execution of the second phase for the project following the completion of the first which saw the extension of the runway.
Hon Kwame Governs Agbodza
MP for Adaklu and Ranking Member on Road and Transport Committee of Parliament.
The Managing Director of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transport Company, Alfred Obeng Boateng, has been sacked.
This was contained in a letter signed by the Executive Secretary to the President, Nana Bediatuo Asante.
The letter said Mr Obeng has until Friday, June 8, to hand over to one George Mensah Okley.
The Bureau of National Investigations (BNI), recently cleared him of any wrongdoing in the brouhaha over the contaminated fuel saga.
Rainbow Radio has gathered the dismissal of CEOs will hit SSNIT.
The appointment of Managing Director of Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority, Paul Asare Ansah has been terminated.
Female music sensation, Nana Yaa has rubbished suggestions of her doing drugs.
In an interview with Sokoo Hemaa Kukua on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, Nana Yaa disputed the allegations and described them as false.
“Sometimes people watch me on stage, or my pictures, and videos, and ask is she on drugs, but the truth is I have never tasted even cigarette or alcohol and to talk of hard drugs”, she said.
She also added that, she wished the host (Sokoo Hemaa) could call the person who is saying she is on drugs… to come and tell her where he or she saw her [Nana Yaa] doing drugs, but “ sweetheart sorry to disappoint you, because I don’t do drugs” she added.
In her opinion, drugs make people do silly things that she will never dare to do such things.
Nana Yaa said people may have said so because she is very energetic on stage.
Aside responding to the rumour, she expressed her feeling of working with other Ghanaian artistes, especially Stonebowy, Kelvin boy, Shatta Wale, and Mugeez of R2BESS fame very soon.
Nana Yaa has worked with some top artistes and bands like Osibisa, Kojo Antwi, Sonnie Badu, Okyeame Kwame, Tagoe Sisters, and other international acts.
She added that, she has adopted the wearing of dark shades because it is a trend as an artiste you have to change, learn new things as part of her craft.
‘’I am there to entertain. That is what I do,’’ she added.
By: Michael Kumodzi Tetteh (Intern, Rainbow Radio)
The Director General at the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA), Mr Paul Asare Ansah has reportedly been relieved of his post.
The Secretary General of the Port Management Association for West and Central Africa, Mr Michael Achagwe Luguje is said to be one who is to replace Mr Ansah.
It is, however, unclear why Mr Ansah has been dismissed; it is, however, believed that his sack may have been triggered by a recent standoff between workers and the Board Chairman, Peter Mac Manu.
The workers in May accused Mr Mac Manu of engaging in in acts that amount to conflict of interest and bad corporate governance.
They accused him of awarding contracts to his wife and children since assuming office and subsequently gave President Nana Akufo-Addo two weeks to remove Mr Mac Manu from office.
Mr Mac Manu has, however, denied the allegations.
About Mr Luguje
Mr. Luguje joined the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA) in Tema (Ghana) in January 1999 and has over 15 years' experience in the maritime transport industry.
He holds a B.A. Degree in French and Linguistics from the University of Ghana, MSc in Maritime Affairs (specializing in Port Management) from the World Maritime University (Sweden), and MBA in Project and Strategic Management from the Paris Graduate School of Management (France).
Source: Graphic Online