The lives of some 31 police officers and their families and some civilians are in severer danger as a three storey building facility housing them is in a deplorable state at Tarkwa in the Western Region.
The police occupy the first and second floors of the facility while the third floor is occupied by civilians.
A careful look at the building revealed some deep cracks which could soon collapse.
Some of the iron rods used in constructing the building are exposed and poses danger to occupants.
In order to prevent the building from collapsing the occupants have used ropes to tire parts of the cracks.
Nyankonton Mu Nsem spoke to some of the occupants who expressed fears of a near collapse.
According to them, the building shakes anytime a vehicle drives pass it.
''We are afraid of our lives because the building is near collapse. We have carry our babies behind our back even when we enter the bathroom because we do not when the building will collapse. Parts of the building has started falling apart and this is a serious threat to our lives. We cannot stay in the building especially in afternoon, because we are afraid,'' some of the occupants to Nyankonton Mu Nsem.
Twenty-five year old (25) Laraba Aburi has reportedly poisoned her rival for accusing her of stealing her GHC 5.
The victim, Abiba Aburi 40, who sells local wine popularly called pito and Lariba are both married to one Joseph Aburi 45, in the Upper East Region.
Narrating the incident to Nyankonton Mu Nsem, Nhyiraba Halidu said, Abiba accused Laiaba of stealing her GHC 5 and further went ahead to disgrace her in public although she denied the allegations.
Lariba according to the reports threatened to poison her senior wife for accusing her falsely and embarrassing her in public and true to her word, she carried out her threat.
The victim was rushed to the Wa Government hospital after she complained of severe stomach ache where it was established that she had been poisoned.
However, doctors managed to extract the poisonous substance out of her system.
''She is in a very critical condition although she survived,'' Halidu said.
Founder and leader of Ghana Freedom Party (GFP), Madam Akua Donkor has said that President John Mahama is a 'God' because of his deeds and achievements.
Madam Akua Donkor who has declared her unflinching support for President Mahama for what she described as telling the truth and touting the achievements of his [Mahama's] administration, has been with the President's 'Accounting to the People Tour' in the Eastern Region.
Speaking in an interview with Nyankonton Mu Nsem, the outspoken politician likened President Mahama to God because of his unparalleled style of leadership.
She stated that President Mahama has shown commitment and fulfilled his campaign promises to Ghanaians.
Madam Akua Donkor added, no amount of lies or falsehood can hide the good works of President Mahama.
When asked if she was dwindling the chances of her own party by endorsing her political rivals, she said, ''am only speaking the truth. President Mahama has done so well for Ghanaians.''
For the fear of their lives, some residents including market women within the Tamale Metropolis have refused to go to crowed places due to Nigerian based Prophet TB Joshua's terror prophecy.
The founder and leader of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) last Sunday asked his church members to pray against a possible attack on Ghana and Nigeria.
“I am seeing Thursday, Friday, Saturday – if I may say Thursday – because these evil people, they are very funny. Anything can just happen. You will be very shocked to see what will happen, because when the prayer is going in this direction they [attackers] change [to another] direction,” Prophet Joshua told his church on Sunday April 10.
“I see Thursday, Friday. Pray for these two nations – Nigeria and Ghana – over gathering in any way, over attack. I am seeing attack and that will be in a foreign way. The attack will come not in a local way. So, please open your lips and pray for these two nations for protection.”
Nyankonton Mu Nsem's Prince Kwame Tamakloe reported that, some residents have refused to go the market, visit the hospital or even attend religious activities in the various churches and mosques.
According to him, the residents are currently living a state of fear and it is possible that, the situation may affect trading and business activities in the Tamale Metropolis.
Some of the residents who spoke to Prince Kwame Tamakloe noted that, what makes the situation more fearful is the closeness of the Ghanaian boarder to Ivory Coast's boarder.
President John Dramani has however asked Ghanaians not to panic because the state security is prepared to manage any such eventualities.
He admonished Ghanaians to be vigilant and alert the security agencies agencies of any suspicious movements of persons around their localities so they are investigated.
“We are preparing for any such eventuality but we need the alertness of the public, the public needs to be more alert today than before, if you see any strange person, any strange movement you just need to inform the security services so that they can investigate and find out if it's a threat or not. Our security agencies are working on any contingencies so that if anything like that happen, they will be able to respond,'' President Mahama assured Ghanaians. ''
The Eastern Regional Minister, Hon. Mavis Ama Frimpong has described President Mahama as one of Ghana's most committed President in history with his unrivalled achievement especially in the Eastern Region.
She explained in an interview with Nyankonton Mu Nsem that, the Eastern Region has seen massive improvement in the area of infrastructure in the area.
Hon. Mavis Ama Frimpong said despite the challenges confronting the region, they cannot rule out the development attained in the region.
Two major challenges which he called on the Chiefs and people to help fight against is the activities of illegal miners popular known as galamsey which has destroyed their natural resources including their water bodies. The menace of Fulani herdsmen she added is also threatening the lives of residents but quickly added, President Mahama has assured the people of government's readiness to resolve the menace.
President Mahama has in the last three days toured parts of the Eastern Region as part of his 'Accounting to the People Tour'.
The campaign is a strategic move by the President to account to Ghanaians on their achievements and the infrastructural projects embarked upon by his administration.
President Mahama described his works as phenomenal despite the economic challenges, adding that the electorate will retain his government in power based on the achievements.
“Over the past four years, we’ve had economic challenges buy despite the economic challenges, if you look at the investments we’ve made in education, in health, in supply of water, in roads and other infrastructural projects all over the country, it’s been phenomenal,” President Mahama said.
“I have presented myself to lead the NDC party in the next election and I believe that with the record that we’ve in our first term in office, we believe that the people of Ghana will give us a second term to complete the work that we are doing.''
The Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC) has announced that there would be no tariff increment in water and electricity for the second quarter of the year, April - June 2016.
This was contained in a statement issued and signed by the Director of Public Relations and External Affairs, Nana Yaa Akyempim Jantuah.
The decision was arrived at after a review of tariffs for the first quarter of 2016 using the Automatic Adjustment Formula (AAF) - a tariff Mechanism that tracks and incorporate certain factors that reflect the cost of electricity and water every quarter, the statement said.
Read the statement below
Following a Review of Electricity and Water Tariffs for the First Quarter 2016 which is from January to March 2016. the Public Utilities Regulatory Commission wishes to announce for the information of consumers of Electricity and Water that there has been no increase in the existing tariffs.
The Commission, using the Automatic Adjustment Formula, arrived at this decision considering the movements in the variables that underpin the Formula.
The Automatic Adjustment Formula (AAF) is a Tariff Mechanism that seeks to track and incorporate movements in key determining factors to reflect the cost of electricity and water every quarter.
The following factors are considered in computing the Automatic Adjustment Formula:
• Ghana Cedi USS Exchange Rate
• Fuel Mix (Crude Oil. Natural Gas. and Distillate fuel)
• Generation Mix (hydro and Thermal)
• Power Purchase Cost
• Demand Forecast
• Chemical Cost (Water)
• Electricity Cost (A Major Cost Component in Water Production is Electricity)
The Commission however wishes to indicate that it has embarked on a post Tariff monitoring program aimed at providing the end user improved quality of service and also to ascertain the veracity of complaints the Commission has received from consumers concerning the implementation of the December 2015 Tariff Adjustments.
To get to the bottom of these complaints by consumers concerning paying more than the increase in the December Tariffs, the Commission is collaborating with the ECG to acquire information that would enable it interrogate the metering software used for billing customers of electricity.
During our monitoring exercises it was realised that there is rampant failure of some pre-payment meters which have not been replaced and the Commission is urging the ECG to replace these as a matter of urgency.
In relation to this occurrence it has become apparently clear that the ECG has breached Rule 13&14 of the Electricity Supply and Distribution (Standards of Performance) Regulations 2008 (LI 1935).
The Commission has put in motion the process to penalise the ECG concerning the above mentioned breach. The Commission is also monitoring the Transmission and Generation Utilities and in due course will inform consumers on findings regarding the service they provide to support the system.
Consumers of Electricity are hereby reminded that in accordance with Rule 4 of the Electricity Supply and Distribution (Standards of Performance) 2008, (I.11935), a supplier of Electricity shall ensure that the cumulative electricity interruption for each customer within the operational year does not exceed the following:
Forty -Eight Hours in a Metropolitan, Municipal or Industrial Area.
• Seventy -Two hours in a district capital
• One Hundred and Forty four hours in a rural area
This situation does not include scheduled outages of a special nature
The Commission is encouraging consumers having challenges with service delivery to report to the PURC for redress.
Microsoft is suing the US government over the right to tell its users when federal agencies want access to private data.
It say keeping access requests secret is against the US constitution, which states that individuals should be made aware if the government searches or seizes their property.
Microsoft said 5,624 requests for data were made in the past 18 months, and almost half came with a court order forcing the company to keep the demand secret.
"People do not give up their rights when they move their private information from physical storage to the cloud," Microsoft said in the lawsuit, according to the Reuters news agency.
Microsoft added that it felt the government "exploited the transition to cloud computing as a means of expanding its power to conduct secret investigations".
The US Department of Justice has not yet commented on the row.
This is a developing story - more to follow.
A new video showing some of the Nigerian schoolgirls who were kidnapped two years ago gives hope they may return, their family and friends say.
The footage obtained by CNN, apparently filmed in December, shows 15 girls in black robes identifying themselves.
The girls were taken from a school in the town of Chibok by members of the Islamist group Boko Haram.
The kidnapping of the 276 girls triggered the global social media campaign #BringBackOurGirls.
The campaign involved US first lady Michelle Obama and a host of celebrities. Despite their efforts, most of the girls are still missing. Thursday marks the second anniversary of their disappearance.
The footage of the girls is the first to be seen since May 2014, when about 100 of them were shown in a video.
But Nigeria's Information Minister Lai Mohammed urged caution, saying the government had received a similar video last July that led to a "cul-de-sac".
He queried why it had been released now, if filmed in December, but stressed the government was "ready to explore all avenues that will lead to the release of the girls".
The footage was broadcast after being handed to the Nigerian government.
Apparently filmed on Christmas Day 2015, it shows the girls pleading with the Nigerian government to co-operate with militants on their release.
They said they were being treated well but wanted to be with their families.
Ayuba Alamson Chibok told AFP news agency he had recognised two of his nieces. "It has given some hope," he said. "Now we can believe these girls are still alive and we pray that they are released soon."
One girl named only as Saa, who escaped soon after being abducted and now lives in the US, spotted three of her friends.
"The moment I saw them and recognised their faces, I started crying, with tears of joy rolling down from my eyes, thanking God for their lives," she said in a statement issued through the Education Must Continue Initiative, a Washington-based charity that supports nine escapees.
"Seeing them gives me the courage to tell the world today that we should not lose hope.
"I want the world to raise their voice. Let's not stop until the government hears us and does something about it."
One mother, Yana Galang, identified five of the missing girls, Reuters news agency reports.
She and other family members were shown the video at a screening organised by local officials in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, where the Boko Haram insurgency began.
"They were definitely our daughters... all we want is for the government to bring back our girls," said Mrs Galang.
Relatives of the girls marched in the Nigerian capital, Abuja, on Thursday.
The BBC's Martin Patience in Abuja says they blame the previous government for doing nothing when the abduction took place, as well as the current administration for failing to devote enough resources to the search.
Boko Haram militants attacked the government boarding school in Borno state on 14 April 2014, seizing the girls who had gone there to take exams.
As the months passed, about 57 students managed to escape but at least 219 are still missing.
Amnesty International says about 2,000 children have been abducted by Boko Haram since 2014. Many are used as sex slaves, fighters and even suicide bombers.
Although the militants are still launching attacks, the Nigerian army has made progress in its fight against them over the past year, our correspondent adds.