Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me
Oct 17, 2018
Former President John Dramani has outlined his vision for the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC). Mr Mahama has promised to lead efforts to provide decent offices for the party in the various regions and constituencies. Mr Mahama is also promising to fashion out a programme that links the youth of the party with experienced individuals for mentorship and political development that prepares them for leadership roles ‘’I will as flagbearer, create a platform for constant engagement and brainstorming among professionals and intellectuals within the party on policy and governance proposals to arrive at workable alternatives for implementation in government,’’ he assured. The former president who is seeking the opportunity to lead the NDC in 2020 said, ‘’ I will support the compilation of a database our party's human resources at the constituency and branch levels to enable us identify the capacity and qualification of NDC members.’’ Mr Mahama was optimistic of victory 2020 and believes with unity, they will surely win the 2020 race, He said, ‘’ I am committed to working hard to unify our members as well as strengthen the structures of our great party for victory in the 2020 elections
Oct 17, 2018
The State has identified five substantial properties supposedly owned by Mr Afred Agbesi Woyome estimated at $1.5million each that could prove vital in retrieving the GH¢51.2 million judgement debt he received from the state. This disclosure was made by Deputy Attorney General Godfred Yeboah Dame moments after the Supreme Court had adjourned hearing of a case in which defunct UT Bank claimed to be the receiver of certain properties of (Woyome) the state had identified. The court presided over by Justice A Benin, directed UT Bank to mount the witness box and give evidence but the witness was not in court. The presiding then ordered lawyers of defunct UT Bank to make available their witness next Monday, October 22.
Oct 17, 2018
Ghanaian movie producer Danfo BA who was originally knows as Kwaku Boakye, has died. The movie producer died on Sunday October 14, 2018 at the Korle-bu Teaching Hospital in Accra. According to sources, Danfo BA, who had been sick for the past year, could not get well after visiting a lot of health centres for cure. He was the producer of popular Kyeiwaa Movie, which featured Ghanaiaan actress Rose Mensah. His one week celebration will be held at the Firm Foundation Academy on 21st October, 2018.
Oct 17, 2018
The banking sector is not in crisis as suggested by some people, Governor of the Bank of Ghana, Dr,. Ernest Addison has assured. According to him, about 90% of industry players are operating and functioning normally. Speaking in an interview with the Business and Financial Times, Dr. Ernest Addison described such suggestions as an exaggeration. “When people talk about banking crisis, then it is exaggeration. 90% of the industries are operating as normal. That I think is a message that has not been properly articulated. Secondly also, the local indigenous banks are relatively stable. The indigenous banks that are having problems are those that are perceived to be badly managed with major corporate governance issues so the industry is fairly robust.” In September this year, President Akufo-Addo emphatically stated poorly managed local banks cannot expect government support following the collapse of seven banks. Interacting with the Ghanaian community in Rwanda, the president said that after pumping ¢8bn of taxpayer's money into these banks, its poor liquidity challenges still persisted. "We cannot have a situation where dominant banks on the country are all foreign banks. It is very dangerous for our future". "If our own indigenous banks are performing poorly…at the end of the day, if we don’t take care that is what will happen [ collapse]", he said. The President stressed local banks are not above the "rigorous" law of free market economics which rewards efficiency. "The law of the market will have it that, if you are not performing efficiently you will go under."
Oct 17, 2018
Pressure group, Alliance for Accountable Governance (AFAG) has admonished politicians to cut what they termed ‘cycle of madness’ and complete project6s by previous governments. Leadership of the AFAG in a statement called for an end to the situation where politicians abandon projects by their predecessors and stressed to the need for us to put all political considerations aside and put the interest of the country first. ‘’It is time for one government to show maturity and stop this cycle of madness for the sake of Ghanaians. Governments cannot continue to profess commitment to the nation whilst continuing on this course of waste.’’ The Ghana Beyond Aid agenda AFAG suggested would not be achieve if we continue on this path. ‘’AFAG understands that in our toxic political environment, continuation of projects by previous governments has low political underbelly. It is time to bring this culture to an end. We cannot build a Ghana Beyond Aid if we continue on this course. It is time for the government to take that step,’’ the statement added. AFAG used the statement to urge President Akufo-Addo and his Vice, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia to change the narrative and complete all projects started by the former administration. Read Below the full statement: CUT THE CYCLE OF MADNESS: COMPLETE PROJECTS For decades, it had been the lustful acts of previous governments to discontinue projects of previous governments to go waste and continue with new ones to the detriment of the nation. No single party is innocent of this act of mindless neglect. AFAG is worried about the financial cost of these neglects to the nation. In some cases, key infrastructures such as hospitals, roads, and school buildings are neglected. It is time for one government to show maturity and stop this cycle of madness for the sake of Ghanaians. Governments cannot continue to profess commitment to the nation whilst continuing on this course of waste. AFAG understands that in our toxic political environment, continuation of projects by previous governments has low political underbelly. It is time to bring this culture to an end. We cannot build a Ghana Beyond Aid if we continue on this course. It is time for the government to take that step. AFAG therefore urges the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia government to complete all projects started by the previous administration to protect the public purse and provides from the nation. It is time to put the interest of the nation first; above all political considerations and complete all projects started by the previous administration. This call notwithstanding, AFAG urges the government to vet all such projects to ensure value for money; adherence to quality control and dubious cost overruns. Ghana Beyond Aid is achievable. We can only achieve so not through huge policy moves and lofty rhetorics but through a change of mind and culture. AFAG urges the Akuffo-Addo/ Bawumia government to show the way. AFAG has no doubt that the government would respond to this call and take the necessary actions to complete all outstanding projects. Ghana first. Signed AFAG LEADERSHIP
Oct 17, 2018
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has announced that, cabinet will soon approve a blueprint that will to help improve our oil reserves and production. According to him, in seeking to increase Ghana’s oil reserves and improve on oil and gas production, Cabinet is expected to soon approve a ‘Blueprint and Roadmap for Accelerated Oil and Gas Exploration and Development’, which is based on a new strategy of aggressive exploration. “The strategy seeks to build synergies with the domestic downstream petroleum sector; to increase Ghanaian participation in the oil industry; and to accelerate the pace of institutional capacity development to manage our oil and gas resources efficiently,” President Akufo-Addo said. Re-emphasizing that the oil and gas industry, which is international in nature, requires the enforcement of stringent international standards in all aspects of the value chain, the President demanded that any person or company aspiring to participate in the industry must be cognisant of these requirements. “Government will, on its part, continue to prioritize the development of skills of our youth and the Ghanaian entrepreneur through the AOGC programme, so they can meet international standards, and, thereby, become more competitive in the industry. My hope is that more Ghanaian companies will participate in the bidding process,” he said. The President commended the Minister for Energy, John Peter Amewu, and his predecessor, Boakye Agyarko, and their teams for working assiduously to make this important process operational, as provided in the Petroleum (Exploration and Production) Act 2016 (Act 919). Speaking at the launch of the “Ghana Oil and Gas Licensing Round 2018”, which is going to permit the allocation of new petroleum rights, on Monday, 15th October, 2018, President Akufo-Addo noted that the 2016 manifesto of the New Patriotic Party pledged to “improve transparency in the management of our oil and gas resources”. “It is, thus, an honour for me to be able, today, to implement this important commitment by launching this maiden bidding round”, the President said President Akufo-Addo indicated, with that the last oil discovery, and the last exploration well drilled in 2014, it has meant that the pace of oil exploration has slowed considerably in the country. “Given that production is taking place at a faster rate than reserves are being added, we need to reverse this state of affairs immediately, especially in today’s oil market environment, where crude oil prices are in the US$70 – US$80 per barrel range,” he said. The President continued, “With the resolution of the maritime boundary dispute with Cote d’Ivoire, and the prevailing, transparent regime for allocating petroleum rights, many opportunities now exist for us to reverse the slow pace of oil exploration.” The President has also directed the Ministries of Energy, Finance and Environment, Science Technology and Innovation to draft and present to Parliament regulations on dealing with the adverse effects of the efforts at discovering oil in the Voltaian basis. Additionally, the regulations, he said, should also address onshore oil and gas development and revenue distribution, respectively, to address proactively any potential contestations that may arise in these communities in the course of time, as these will also help minimize the risks of future investments in the area, and further help improve Ghana’s investment climate. To accelerate further exploration activity, President Akufo-Addo has charged the Ministry of Energy to review critically existing operations in the industry, with the view to determining oil fields that are sub-optimal. The review also covers Petroleum Agreements that are dormant. “The Ministry of Energy will engage with the operators, after the review, on the adoption of best methods for increasing oil recovery rate. For Petroleum Agreements that are dormant, the Ministry will encourage the operators to consider inviting stronger partners to join them or risk the termination of these Petroleum Agreements, should they persist in failing to meet their minimum work obligations,” President Akufo-Addo stressed.
Oct 17, 2018
The Duchess of Sussex is pregnant and is due to give birth next spring, Kensington Palace has revealed. The announcement came as Meghan, 37, and Prince Harry, 34, arrived in Sydney on Monday ahead of a 16-day tour of Australia and New Zealand. Kensington Palace said the couple, who got married in Windsor five months ago, were "delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public". Their baby will be seventh in line to the throne. The Queen and other senior royals were told about the pregnancy on Friday, when members of the Royal Family gathered in Windsor for Princess Eugenie's wedding. Meghan - who has had her 12 week scan - attended the wedding with Prince Harry, wearing a long, dark blue coat, which sparked speculation she could be expecting. That speculation intensified when she was seen clutching two large folders in front of her stomach as she arrived in Sydney for the tour, which will also take in Fiji and Tonga. It is their first official royal tour since their wedding, which also took place at St George's Chapel, Windsor. Their first engagement is on Tuesday, when crowds of wellwishers are expected to congratulate the couple. The duke and duchess follow in the footsteps of Prince Harry's parents - Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales - whose first royal tour was to Australia and New Zealand. Their baby will be a first cousin of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis - but will not be a prince or princess themselves unless the Queen steps in ahead of the birth. Royal biographer Robert Hardman said the children will be lord and lady "like the children of any other duke", because Prince Harry is not in the direct line of succession. The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Cornwall are all said to be "delighted" for the couple after learning of the pregnancy at Friday's wedding.
Oct 17, 2018
The Duchess of Sussex is pregnant and is due to give birth next spring, Kensington Palace has revealed. The announcement came as Meghan, 37, and Prince Harry, 34, arrived in Sydney on Monday ahead of a 16-day tour of Australia and New Zealand. Kensington Palace said the couple, who got married in Windsor five months ago, were "delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public". Their baby will be seventh in line to the throne. The Queen and other senior royals were told about the pregnancy on Friday, when members of the Royal Family gathered in Windsor for Princess Eugenie's wedding. Meghan - who has had her 12 week scan - attended the wedding with Prince Harry, wearing a long, dark blue coat, which sparked speculation she could be expecting. That speculation intensified when she was seen clutching two large folders in front of her stomach as she arrived in Sydney for the tour, which will also take in Fiji and Tonga. It is their first official royal tour since their wedding, which also took place at St George's Chapel, Windsor. Their first engagement is on Tuesday, when crowds of wellwishers are expected to congratulate the couple. The duke and duchess follow in the footsteps of Prince Harry's parents - Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales - whose first royal tour was to Australia and New Zealand. Their baby will be a first cousin of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis - but will not be a prince or princess themselves unless the Queen steps in ahead of the birth. Royal biographer Robert Hardman said the children will be lord and lady "like the children of any other duke", because Prince Harry is not in the direct line of succession. The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Cornwall are all said to be "delighted" for the couple after learning of the pregnancy at Friday's wedding.
  1. Popular
  2. Trending
  3. Comments

Calender

« October 2018 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31