">

The majority of our teachers have found new jobs-School owner

The Proprietor of the Saviour School International at Buduburam Lord Arthur has disclosed to Nyankonton Mu Nsem on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm that some of the private schools are going to face difficulties in reopening.

He told the station some of their teachers are unwilling to return to teach after they were informed about the decision by the government to have schools reopened at all levels.

He revealed the majority of the teachers when contacted said they will not be returning because they have found new jobs.

">

Aside from this challenge, some parents are unwilling to send their wards back to school.

The parents he added are scared their wards will contract the virus during school hours.

Mr. Arthur was worried this has happened but stated they will put in measures to go to the various communities in the area and speak to the parents to bring their wards back to school.

He assured them the school will put in all the measures to ensure the safety and security of students when they resume.

The closure of schools he lamented brought hardship on them since the reopening is good news for school owners.

The president in his 21st national address indicated that lessons drawn from the reopening of some sections of our educational institutions, in the course of last year, have put us in a much better position to oversee successfully the full reopening of our schools.

He justified the decision saying that our children must go to school, albeit safely, and the government was satisfied that, in the current circumstances, the re-opening of our schools is safe.

“So, from 15th January, our children in kindergarten, primary, and Junior High, in both private and public schools, will be back in school. All SHS 1 students will start classes from 10th March, with all students embarking on a single-track academic calendar. Their seniors in SHS 2 and SHS 3 will, however, return to school from 18th January. I must stress that SHS 3 students in all schools, like SHS 1 students, will no longer run the double-track system. The expansion of infrastructure at the various senior high schools, over the last three (3) years, has brought us to this favourable situation. However, the double-track system will still be applicable to SHS 2 students in schools that are employing it. Students in universities and other tertiary institutions are to be in school from Saturday, 9th January,” he stated.

By: Rainbowradioonline.com

Exit mobile version