A ten-year-old child was electrocuted to death while going home from the farm.
The terrible tragedy occurred in the Eastern Region of Suhum.
According to a report submitted by Agya Dan on Nyankonton Mu Nsem on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, the boy, Jacob Vijoro, died on the scene.
He was transporting firewood from the farm when he became caught and electrocuted.
According to Agya Dan, the youngster was electrocuted after being stuck by his leg.
He added that residents in the region had repeatedly reported the situation to the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), but they had failed to address it.
They went to the location to turn off the power after the youngster died from electrocution.
The youngster was stated to live with his stepmother and was supposed to attend school but instead went to the farm.
According to Agya Dan, the boy’s senior sibling attempted to save his brother when he yelled for aid.
But for the quick intervention of bystanders, he would have died from electrocution as well.