Three people have been electrocuted by a high-tensioned electrical pole at the Awutu Senya West Municipality in the Central Region.
According to Rainbow Radio Accra’s Kwame Alex, the three people, including a child, suffered various degrees of burns from the high-tensioned electrical pole, which had been neglected for years.
He said they have consistently informed the Electricity Company of Ghana Ltd. (ECG) about the faulty pole at an abandoned site, but they came up with the temporary solution of tying it with a coconut.
Kwame Alex noted that there are no toilet facilities in the district, and that made the residents go to the refuse dump site, where the pole is, to ease themselves.
The three victims were electrocuted after visiting the refuse dump site, which included a minor who is currently battling for his life at Swedru Hospital.
The accident led to ECG shutting down the power supply in the neighbourhood until the refuse dump was cleared for them to come and fix the faulty pole.
By: Joel Eshun/Rainbowradioonline.com/Ghana