Saturday, February 21, 2026
Rainbow Radio
  • Home
  • General News
  • Governance
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Economy
  • Home
  • General News
  • Governance
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Economy
No Result
View All Result
Rainbow Radio Online
Home General News

The organisation of All African Games has been poor; dismiss the Sports Minister and conduct a forensic probe into spending – NDC demands

March 18, 2024
sammy-gyamfi2-e1697476523858-1140x570

The opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has called for a parliamentary probe into the organisation of the ongoing All African Games.

The NDC says although the government has spent USD$195 million on pre-game preparations and another USD$48 million allocated to the Local Organising Committee for transportation, feeding, and other logistics for the games, the organisation has been poor.

RelatedPosts

Suspect who allegedly stole baby at Mamprobi Hospital remanded

Cocoa farmers storm COCOBOD HQ over price reduction

Favouritism in Decongestion – Ablekuma West MP Urges Residents to Follow Rules Amidst Decongestion Drive

A statement issued and signed by the National Communications Officer, Sammy Gyamfi, referenced the withdrawal of South Africa’s hockey team over poor preparations and the challenges confronting Ghanaian athletes in participating in the games.

Given this, the NDC has called for a parliamentary probe into spending and organisation.

The NDC is demanding for the resignation and/or dismissal of the Minister of Youth and Sports “for his gross incompetence which has occasioned this monumental embarrassment to the nation”.

It has also called for the dissolution of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the ongoing All African Games.

Also, the NDC is demanding for a forensic audit into the budget and expenditure for the preparation and organization of the games.

The party wants the prove to be televised so the public will follow the process.

“A televised probe by Parliament into the expenditure and organisation of the games.”

Read the full statement below

PRESS STATEMENT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

18th March, 2024

The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has just sighted media publications about South Africa’s decision to withdraw its men’s and women’s hockey teams from the ongoing African Games due to the substandard nature of Ghana’s Hockey Pitch. This is the latest in a streak of embarrassing spectacles that have characterised the ongoing games.

The other day, Ghana’s Cycling Champion, Michael Naaba had to withdraw from the ongoing cycling competition after his personal  bicycle which he was using for the competition broke down shortly after the contest started.

It has also been reported that Ghana’s Swimming Team withdrew from the 4×100 relay final for undisclosed reasons. It has further been reported that Ghana’s athletes are highly displeased in the ongoing games due to poor preparations and lack of equipment.

Yet, we are told that the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia NPP government has spent a colossal USD$195 million on pre-games preparations, while a staggering USD$48 million has been made available to the Local Organising Committee for transportation, feeding and other logistics for the games.

The NDC is appalled by the outrageous amount of money that has been sunk into the ongoing All Africa games by the ruling NPP government, which have so far yielded nothing but embarrassment and shame for our country.

This is yet another evidence of the ineptitude and corruption of the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia NPP government which continues to bring the name of Ghana into disrepute after rendering the national economy bankrupt.

This scandal will surely be revisited in the near future by the next NDC/Mahama government. But in the meantime, the NDC joins the people of Ghana to demand answers for all the embarrassment that has been brought upon the nation by the corrupt Akufo-Addo/Bawumia NPP government.

With immediate effect, and in line with the spirit of probity and accountability that undergird the Constitution of Ghana, the NDC demands:

1. The resignation and/or dismissal of the Minister of Youth and Sports for his gross incompetence which has occasioned this monumental embarrassment to the nation.

2. The dissolution of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the ongoing All African Games.

3. A forensic audit of the budget and expenditure for the preparation and organization of the games.

4. A televised probe by Parliament into the expenditure and organisation of the games.

SIGNED.

SAMMY GYAMFI ESQ.

National Communications Officer

By: Rainbowradioonline.com/Ghana

ShareTweetShareShare

Related Posts

court_14

Suspect who allegedly stole baby at Mamprobi Hospital remanded

February 20, 2026
image-1989-1024x556

Cocoa farmers storm COCOBOD HQ over price reduction

February 20, 2026
IMG-20260220-WA0053

Favouritism in Decongestion – Ablekuma West MP Urges Residents to Follow Rules Amidst Decongestion Drive

February 20, 2026
mahama-e-1140x570

Ghana’s annual steel demand is estimated at over 1.2 million metric tonnes – Mahama

February 20, 2026
3533

US Embassy warns against overstaying visas for 2026 FIFA World Cup

February 20, 2026
cpp

CPP threatens to force out Burkina Faso Ambassador over attacks on Ghanaian traders, describing Incident as “Act of War”

February 20, 2026

Recent News

court_14

Suspect who allegedly stole baby at Mamprobi Hospital remanded

February 20, 2026
image-1989-1024x556

Cocoa farmers storm COCOBOD HQ over price reduction

February 20, 2026
IMG-20260220-WA0053

Favouritism in Decongestion – Ablekuma West MP Urges Residents to Follow Rules Amidst Decongestion Drive

February 20, 2026
mahama-e-1140x570

Ghana’s annual steel demand is estimated at over 1.2 million metric tonnes – Mahama

February 20, 2026
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Muntaka-750x375

Monday, March 31, and Tuesday, April 1, 2025, declared as public holidays

March 23, 2025

Something drastic must be done about prices of property in Ghana-Lawyer

June 14, 2021
Screenshot_20230811-133044

17-year-old boy caught having sex with a pregnant dog

August 11, 2023

Rainbow Radio expands its platform presence on 92.4Fm in UK

September 5, 2022

Hello world!

court_14

Suspect who allegedly stole baby at Mamprobi Hospital remanded

travel4

Washington prepares for Donald Trump’s big moment

travel1

CS:GO ELeague Major pools and tournament schedule announced

court_14

Suspect who allegedly stole baby at Mamprobi Hospital remanded

February 20, 2026
image-1989-1024x556

Cocoa farmers storm COCOBOD HQ over price reduction

February 20, 2026
IMG-20260220-WA0053

Favouritism in Decongestion – Ablekuma West MP Urges Residents to Follow Rules Amidst Decongestion Drive

February 20, 2026
mahama-e-1140x570

Ghana’s annual steel demand is estimated at over 1.2 million metric tonnes – Mahama

February 20, 2026

Stay Connected test

  • 138 Followers
  • 20.2k Followers
  • 207k Subscribers
  • 23.9k Followers
  • 99 Subscribers
Rainbow Radio Online

© 2022 Rainbow Radio International

Navigate Site

  • General News
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Economy
  • Odd News
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Lifestyle
  • Governance
  • Technology

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result

© 2022 Rainbow Radio International

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
Go to mobile version