Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Death of late 70 yr old man over no bed syndrome: Hospitals denying incident-Son

Written by  Jul 11, 2018
Son of the late Mr Prince Anthony Acheampong, the 70-year-old man who reportedly died in his car at the LEKMA Hospital in Accra, after seven hospitals turned him away over claims that there were no beds, says he is currently working closely with the various committees probing the matter. The son, Kwame Obiri Yeboah, told Kwame Tutu on Frontline on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm that, three committees set up by the Ghana Health Service, Ghana Registered Nurses and Midwives Association and Ministry of Health are probing the issue. He said, the committees are probing the matter to unravel the truth and he has made a request for him to be involved and he has been invited by the committees on several occasions. Some of the facilities he revealed tried to deny that the late 70-year-old man was brought to their facilities when the various committees approached them. ‘’I know the committees are working and one major thing I am happy about is that, they have said that, the incident involving my father has become a salvation to the health system. It was admitted that, the system has failed and so, if it has failed, it has to be corrected. Whatever is really breaking the system has to be fixed. And so, they are involving my family and I in every step of the way to actually correct it once and for all. And that is what I am taking as a word but if at appoint we realize that is not the agenda, then my family would be forced to do otherwise.’’ The committees are still probing the matter and we have requested for the report on all the collated information resulting from the work of the committees and they have promised to provide us with any information we want and based on that, it will help us [family] to take the next step.’’ The late Prince Anthony Opoku Acheampong was the CEO of Printhony Printing Press in Adabraka, a suburb of Accra. Prince Anthony Opoku Acheampong woke up on the day he died complaining of a headache, and this necessitated the trips to the hospitals. The first hospital they went to, C&J Medicare hospital, was described as their family hospital but that offered little solace to them. Over there, a nurse confirmed that Prince Anthony needed to be hospitalized after a brief assessment, but said the hospital could not cater for them. The family moved on to the Korle Bu Polyclinic, Ridge Hospital, Police Hospital, the Trust Hospital, the La Polyclinic, before finally arriving at the LEKMA Hospital at Teshie where Prince Anthony Opoku Acheampong died.
Last modified on %PM, %11 %707 %2018 %15:%Jul

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

  1. Popular
  2. Trending


« November 2018 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30