The sale of nomination forms has also been extended to Saturday, December 8
This website has gathered that the candidates will now have to pay GH¢300,000 instead of the GH¢400,000 that was earlier announced by the party.
The date for the primary has also been moved from January 19 to 26, 2019.
Read below the full statement from NDC
5TH December, 2018
The Functional Executive Committee (FEC) acting on behalf of the National Executive Committee (NEC) and upon advice from the Council of Elders has reviewed the guidelines for the Presidential Primaries as follows:
1. That section 9 of the guidelines is amended to read:
i) Each contestant shall pay a non-refundable filing fee of Three Hundred Thousand Ghana Cedis (Ghc300, 000.00).
ii) Female contestants shall pay One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Ghana Cedis (Ghc150, 000.00) while Persons With Disabilities shall pay an amount of One Hundred Thousand Ghana Cedis (Ghc100, 000.00).
2. The timetable is also revised as follows:
• Picking of nomination forms by aspirants who petitioned the Council of Elders is hereby extended to Saturday 8th December, 2018 excluding Friday 7th December 2018 which is a National holiday.
• The following dates shall also apply:
i) Filing of nomination – 17th – 18th December, 2018
ii) Vetting – 21st – 22nd December, 2018
iii) Balloting – 22nd December, 2018
iv) Appeals – 22nd – 24th December, 2018
• Consequently the new date for the Primaries is now Saturday 26th January, 2019.
For the avoidance of doubt all other provisions of the guidelines remain unchanged. These decision has been communicated to the Council of Elders, who will be meeting the petitioners tomorrow Thursday, 6th December, 2018 to convey the decisions herein.
FEC wishes to use this opportunity to reassure all aspirants of a level playing field to ensure that the outcome of the elections shall reflect the true wishes and aspirations of the entire membership of the NDC.