Stop making people scared; Ghana is safe-Minister


Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has asked Ghanaians to have confidence in the security agencies as they have the capacity to deal with any form of threat that may hit the country.

The Minister has also asked the public to desist from creating fear and panic due to the recent kidnapping cases recorded because the situation was not above the security services.

He said just like anywhere in the world, there are challenges but the way and manner these security challenges are handled by the agencies responsible was the most important thing.

He reiterated that Ghana was safe hence the need for the public not to panic.

‘’Let our citizens know that we are safe. Like everywhere else in the world, sometimes things happen, but the important thing is how the security agencies quickly deal with it…Our people have demonstrated that they can deal with it. So instead of perhaps doing things that will make people scared, we should rather exude some more confidence,’’ in our security agencies.

Eight suspects have so far been arrested for the kidnap of the two Canadian nationals.

They were found in the early hours of Wednesday June 12, 2018 at Kanyasi in Kumasi.

Briefing the media today, he stated that intelligence gathering efforts enabled the security team to zero in on the suspects.

“Since the day of abduction of these two women, security operatives have been working constantly with the hope of rescuing them.” Kojo Nkrumah he said.

Previous Second suspect in connection to T'di Kidnapped girls remanded in police custody
Next Limited Voters' Registration Exercise to start June 17-EC announces

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *