A fire outbreak at Kalpohin SHS has completely burned down the Tishegu house of the school, completely destroying the possessions of the students.
Several belongings for students, including mattresses, beds, chop boxes, bags, school uniforms, buckets, and food items, among others, were destroyed beyond recognition by the fire outbreak.
It is not clear what really caused the fire outbreak, but an unauthenticated source says it was a result of high voltage occurring in one of the dormitories and escalating to the entire dormitory block.
Sources say Ghana National Fire Service personnel were there to prevent further disastrous occurrences of the outbreak.
Speaking to the students, they were in absolute tears over the profound loss of their belongings amid the current economic hardship, lamenting how their parents will mobilise funds to prepare them for school.
In this light, the students have appealed to authorities in the area, especially MCE and MP, for the area to come to their aid.
Having heard of the outbreak, the PM of Sagnarigu Municipality, Hon. Salim, the PTA chairman of Kalisco, Fuseini Damba Issifu, and the board chairman, Abdul Rahaman Mahamadu Saani, visited the scene for a fact-finding mission.
The presiding member for Sagnarigu Municipality, Hon. Salim, presented 1,000 Ghana cedis to the students. While the PTA chairman donated 5,000 Ghana cedis to the school.
By: Prince Kwame Tamakloe/Rainbowradioonline.com/Ghana